Chapter 22

I hope you all enjoy! I really do want to know how I can improve or what you think, before the watty awards start, so please help!

Chapter 22

I first needed to find Jace's number somewhere. Dad probably had it. I quickly stood up, and went over to Dad's office. I opened the door, to see Dylan on the phone. He was talking in a hushed but urgent tone into the phone. His eyes snapped to me, and narrowed his eyes at me. I mouthed 'sorry' and shut the door. Well Mom might have it. I slowly and quietly walked over to her office, just incase she was around. I quietly knocked on the old wooden door. No answer. I opened the door a fraction, and looked in. All clear. I opened up the door the rest of the way. I ran in before anybody could see me, and shut the door. I spun around to examine the room.

Ok, where do I start? I ran over to the big dark wooden desk. I started searching through the papers. Work. Searched through another stack. Work. I searched through a folder on the desk. Work! It has to be here. I flopped down onto the large black leather chair that spun. I let my eyes wander around the room. There! I jumped forward, and opened up the drawer.

Sure enough inside I found more papers. I pushed them aside, and found Mom's phone book. I opened up the small blue booklet, and found numbers and names covering almost every page. Great! I flipped through, finding the S's. I searched down the page. Steffan! I nearly leaped up in my seat when I saw it there. I pulled out my phone and punched in the number. I put away the papers I pulled out, and put back the phone book. Everything looked back to normal. I left the office, closing the door quietly, and ran out to the backyard, so I could call in privacy. It was dark outside, with absolutely no light except from those coming from the house, outside.

My finger wavered over the call button. Should I really call them? My heart lurched in my chest at the thought of Jace being hurt. I had to. I hit call, and put the phone up to my ear. My stomach was filled with butterflies, trying to escape. What was I going to say? 'Hey it's Eliana, there is a rouge on your land.' Yeah right. As if that would work. As soon as I said my name he would probably hang up. I should just save myself the pain, and just hang up. I was just about to pull the phone away to hang up when I heard a voice on the other end.

"Hello?" It asked, in a very deep voice filled with authority. I recognized the voice, Jace's dad, the alpha.

Don't panic! Just ask for Jace. Or maybe John. Yeah, ask for John.

"Alpha Steffan, is your son Jace there?" I asked politely. What happen to John?! I scolded myself. I bit my bottom lip in frustration, as I mentally kicked myself. Stupid! Stupid!

"Sure, could I ask who's calling first?" He asked.

"Um, just a new friend."

"Oh are you his new girlfriend... Um, Keila?" He asked. Who the hell is Keila! I nearly screamed it. I could hear my blood pound in my ears in anger.

"Yeah," I got out through gritted teeth, still trying and failing to sound sweet like before.

"Just a sec hon'," He said, before calling out for Jace.

I waited, fuming to myself about whoever this Keila chick is. I glared out at the woods. I'm not even kidding, I thought I saw a bird fly far away from it's previous post on a low tree branch in front of me.

"Hey babe, I thought I told you to call me on my own phone." A beautiful sweet husky voice said into my ear.

My heart jumped up into my throat, nearly suffocating me. I couldn't breath for a moment. My heart pounded in my chest again. I could feel my insides start to bubble up with need. I had wanted him for so long. I didn't realize how much his voice could affect me right now. I felt like jumping up and down. He just called me babe! No he called that stupid Keila bitch a babe.