Chapter 47

Hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 47

Cole comforted me for a while after my panic attack. It took a long time to get me to calm down enough so I wasn't shaking with violent tremors, but when I finally stopped he pulled away from me. Concern was evident on his face.

"Rumor is you were shot."

I nodded my head.

"Could I look?" Cole asked.

I nodded my head again. Cole pulled off the dishtowel, examining the wound. He got up to go get some supplies to clean and stitch up my arm. I looked around, and saw that all the other boys were here. Nate and Aden were cleaning up. Deon and his brother Joe were taking care of the men.

"What are you going to do with them?" I asked the two brothers.

They both looked back at me with a cold look in their eyes.

"Oh," I muttered understanding. "Is Johnny still alive?"

"Johnny?" Deon asked.

"The man I shot in the hallway."

"Yeah, he is."

I felt a sense of relief as soon as I heard those words. I wasn't a murderer. I hadn't killed someone.

Cole returned, and started cleaning the wound. I didn't really pay much attention to what he actually did, because I was too deep in my thoughts. I was running over what Nate had said. My twin was a man feared by many. He was ruthless, and cold. I remembered the first time I met Cole. That side of Cole was the one that many others feared. But now when I looked at him I could never see that. When I looked at Cole I didn't feel like I had to run away and hide, like I'm sure many others do. I felt safe.

"Jace should be over soon," Cole said interrupting my foggy thoughts.

"Why?" I asked.

"Jace called," Cole lowered his voice. "He said he could feel your fear. He demanded to know what was going on, so I told him. I-"

"Why the hell would you do that?" I whisper yelled. "Do you want him to go all wolf at home?"

"How was I supposed to know? What's done is done, so there is no point in arguing. I told him where I lived, and he said he would be right over."

"Great! Now I'm going to have to calm him down. Thanks a lot," I sarcastically muttered, glaring at my brother.

"Sorry. Now stay still," Cole demanded.

I let out a frustrated sigh, and held still. Cole eventually finished, and wrapped up my arm. Then he inspected my ribs.

"Nate thought it was broken," I explained.

Cole nodded his head, while running his fingers over my large dark bruise.

The front door slammed open. My head whipped up to look at the front entrance. Jace stood furiously in the doorway. His eyes were black, meaning his wolf was in control. This wasn't good. My heart still skipped a beat when I saw him, even though he was fuming in the doorway.

"Who are you?" Nate demanded, blocking Jace's path from entering.

Not a good move to block a furious wolf from finding their mate. Jace just knocked Nate out of the way, like he was an annoying fly. That move led to a gun pointed at his face. My heart squeezed with fear. Without a second glance at the threatening gun, Jace punched Deon in the face. He crumpled to the floor, losing his grip on the gun. I jumped up, rushing over to calm Jace down. It wasn't really running, more like limping over.