Chapter 27

I have a feeling this will fill your hunger for some revenge. Hope you all enjoy!!!!

Chapter 27

I couldn't stop gasping like a pathetic fish. Of course my childhood best friend just happen to be my mates girlfriend! Did the world truly hate me so much? Did fate do this, just to sit up there laughing his ass off at the expression on my face? Keila looked back and forth, confused why her boyfriend was growling at me. Her brows furrowed in confusion. Jace started to shake with fury.

"Why are you here?" he growled.

I could feel my throat tighten up, but ignored it. I promised myself I would be strong, if not for me then for my family.

I returned the glare with one of my own icy ones. I couldn't reply though. I knew if I spoke my voice would crack, giving away the hurt that I felt. I would just have to show my own hatred with my expressions.

"I asked, what are you doing here?" he snarled in an alpha tone that I had always hated. As if it could affect me. That snapped me out of the hurt.

"It doesn't matter why I'm here, just accept I'm here!" I yelled.

I felt the heat of what felt like a thousand bodies, all coming to watch. I didn't dare look away from Jace though to see who was really there. I kept my glare up, making him move Keila behind him, to protect her from me. After all I was his biggest threat. I could ruin him by just uttering the word mate, and either his life or mine would end. If mine ended his wolf would be crushed, ruined. It still hurt to know that he was protecting his girlfriend from me, his mate. But that was only in the back of my mind, it was overcome too much by anger.

"What is going on Jace? Eliana?" Keila asked. There was no answer from either of us.

She pushed herself in front of Jace, pushing his protective arms away, and stood in front of me.

"What the hell is going on?" she asked me.

I looked up at Jace, but he silently shook his head. Oh, so now he was asking me for a favour, I thought sarcastically. I looked back at her, but couldn't think of what to say. I'm your boyfriend's mate, but he isn't accepting me because I'm from the Jenner pack. That would go well!

Neither of us knew what to say. I wanted to tell her everything, but didn't know if our friendship from years ago was strong enough to protect me. I shook my head, at a loss of words.

Her eyes darkened, and she turned to Jace. He too said nothing, just looked down. Well didn't we feel guilty. She turned and walked off, out of the crowd that had gathered around, mostly Jace's pack members, but also a few curious humans. After all, the new girl was getting into a argument with the most popular guy in school.

Now that Keila left, it was just Jace and I.

He lowered his voice, into a whisper. "Why are you here?" he asked.

"It's a long story, by let's just say its your fault," I snarled dryly.

"How the hell is it my fault, I did absolutely nothing," he snarled back.

"Exactly, you did nothing!" I said back with just as much anger, if not more.

His eyes turned pitch black, he ran up and grabbed me, and pinned me against the locker, with his arm on my neck. I tried to ignore the tingles it sent through my body, with the skin contact or his arm at my neck. I didn't panic though, and focused on getting out of the hold.

"Don't tell me I did nothing!" Seems somebody doesn't like it when people say he's lazy.

I grabbed at his arm, and drew my fingers down, slicing the skin with my nails, and revealing blood. I then pulled my knee up with great force, and got him in the stomach. He stepped back, cursing under his breath.