Chapter 49

sry this chapter just had to be perfect. hope u all enjoy! please vote and comment!

Chapter 49

"Please!" I begged.

"What if I want a good nights sleep?"

"I'm begging you. I'm starting to freak out, because I haven't seen him since I told him."

"I still can't believe you said that," Hailey muttered while shaking her head. "It's only been a few days, give him some more time."

"I can't. Just- Please stay up to let me in."

"Fine," Hailey growled.

"Yay!" I cheered, and pounced giving Hailey a big hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"Shut up! Some of us are trying to go to sleep," Jenna snapped.

"Oops," I whispered.

I glanced over at where Abby, Liz, and Chloe were sleeping. Jenna was glaring daggers at me like usual. I rolled my eyes, and quickly pulled off my PJ pants to reveal my workout shorts. I stayed with my random tank top I was already wearing. I swung my legs over the window, climbed down to the ledge, and jumped to the ground. I waved back at Hailey, who was watching me as I took off running into the woods at full speed.

I hadn't seen Jace since I told him how I felt. I went through phases of regret over letting those words slip through my intoxicated lips. I ignored the few calls I got from him, terrified that he might take back his words. I almost wanted to go back on the entire thing. It seemed to be a natural instinct that I worked hard to block out. So of course the panic bubbled up.

But paired up with the panic was the excitement of the new chapter that our relationship had finally reached. I felt like I could actually trust that he wouldn't hurt me- that I could actually trust someone again. It was an unexplored more serious part that both frightened and excited me. So I managed to get him to arrange this meeting. My reasoning was so we could continue our self- defense lessons. I also wasn't feeling too well, so I knew the separation was taking it's toll on me.

I ran into the clearing, and found Jace leaning against a giant maple across the clearing. A giant smile graced my face, when I saw that Jace did in fact meet me here. I slowly walked across to where Jace was. He never even looked up as I approached him. For a moment I thought I was just really light on my feet, but then I reminded myself he could probably feel the beating of my excited heart.

"Hey," I greeted, loudly enough to awaken him from his thoughts. "Ready to practice?"

Jace looked up at me with surprise, like he hadn't even heard me coming. As soon as his eyes met mine a pained expression replaced the surprised. Confusion clouded my thoughts.

"Um... are you ok?" I asked, plopping down across from him.

Jace stayed silent as his eyes slowly shifted darker and darker, until they were nearly pitch black.

"Don't worry about it," He said sounding slightly distracted. "Ready to start training?"

"What happened?" I asked.

"It's nothing."

Jace shifted to get up, but I gave him a look telling him to sit back down. He leaned back again.

"You've been like this for a while now, but you've never give me answers. Now that I've told you how I feel I thought you would, but you're still closing yourself off."

I took a deep breath to steady my voice. I hadn't even realized I had felt this frustrated until now.

"Please. You don't have to build these walls up around yourself. You don't have to be afraid." I looked deep into his dark eyes. Saw them swirling with unknown emotions. "Trust me."