Chapter 33

Hope you all enjoy!

 Chapter 33

After a while Jace laid us down on the soft grass. I suddenly felt a sharp agonizing pain in my side. I gasped out in pain, and so did Jace. Then I felt Jace go limp under me. The pain went away. I sat up and looked over at Jace.

"Jace?" I asked.

He had passed out again. His adrenaline must have stopped numbing the pain, and his body was tired, so he must have just passed out.

"Jace?" I asked again, only louder. No answer.

Now what was I supposed to do? I couldn't just leave him here. Jace needed to see a doctor. He needed to be stitched up, and wash all this blood off. I also had to do something with the... the body. If it were found, then there would be questions. We couldn't risk any questions from the authority, because that could give away everything.

My chest tightened up, as I thought of how hopeless this all seemed. No, I couldn't cry now. I gave myself the time I needed to do so, and that was it. I had to be strong now for Jace. Could I? Yes, I had to!

I looked back down at Jace. How was I supposed to drag him through the woods, all the way back to school, and then load him up in his car. Did I even know where his keys were? I also had to bury that body. I needed help!

Jace probably had a phone on him... but he shifted, so his clothes were lost. Maybe I could go back to school, and find John or borrow somebodies phone. I looked around myself, and realized I had no idea which way the school was. All around me were woods all looked the same. I did come from the opposite direction of the creek. But I could have been running around in circles before.

If only I knew where Jace had shifted. Maybe he was in the clearing, and saw the rouge was ready to attack me, and shifted. That would be a miracle, and very unlikely if that had happen. But still, I gave it the benefit of the doubt.

I gave Jace one last glance, feeling uneasy about leaving him with a dead body near him, before I started to walk over to where I had come from. I reached the log, and thought about where Jace had come from. He came from the right, so I started heading that way. I searched around the entire perimeter of the clearing, and found nothing. I decided to go around one more time, and this time also look into the woods. So I went a few yards into the woods, and walked around the perimeter keeping the clearing in view. I almost gave up, because it was too dark to really see much.

I saw several clumps that I thought were it, but just churned out to be a clump of weeds, sticks, or mud. I saw a clump of something dark, with patches of white. That had to be it. What else would have patches of white in it. I walked closer to it, and as soon as I could make it out I let out a cheer. I found his clothes!

I kneeled down in front of the pile, and started to sort it out. His shoes were partially intact. Hit tux, didn't look so good. It was shredded into pieces. So I guess I wasn't going to be getting Jace dressed. I found his car keys easily, but it was his phone that I wanted. I continued to sort through his pile. My hand touched something hard, and I quickly yanked it up, and it was... a rock. Great.

I chucked the rock behind me, and heard it crash in the bushes. A moment later I heard a twig snap. I froze with a shred of black fabric in my hand. It's ok. It was probably just a rabbit or something. Yeah, a cute harmless rabbit. I finally gathered enough nerve to turn around, and see what was there. Nothing. I glanced all around me, and saw nothing out of the normal. I let out a sigh of relief, and continued sorting through the fabric.

After what felt like ages I finally found it, after mistaking his phone for a rock a few more times. I clicked it on, and saw that there was no signal. Great. I walked back into the clearing to check on Jace. He was still unconscious. I got a slight chill when I looked over him. I felt that chill come over me when I looked at his face. A face that now looked calm and beautiful, but had looked like a killers.