Chapter 43

I had just changed around what happen in this chapter and the previous one. Hope u all enjoy!!!

Chapter 43

"Could you come pick me up?" I asked.

"Sure, where are you?" Jace asked.

"I'm at school."

I'd tried calling Cole back, but he didn't answer.

"Ok, I'll be there in five minutes. I'll pick you up from the back entrance, ok?"

"Thanks," I whispered into the phone.

He hung up. I placed my phone in my pocket, and got up. I had retreated into the bathroom not long after Daniel left. I felt like I was going to faint. I got into the bathroom, the feeling had swollen to a kind of panicky feeling. My stomach bubbled nervously, and it felt like my chest would burst from the heat I felt.

I splashed some more water on my face, trying to relax my nerves. I would see Jace in just a few minutes, I tried to tell myself so I would relax a bit. It worked. I looked myself over in the mirror, and saw what Daniel had said was right. My skin looked sickly pale, and like it could easily tear apart. I had dark circles under my eyes. My eyes seemed dull, like I was just too tired.

I left the bathroom with my bag slung over my shoulder. I stopped at the drinking fountain on the way to the back entrance. I drank my fill, and felt the cool water help relax my jittery body. Then I started to head to the entrance where Jace was waiting for me.

When I got there, Jace's car was already parked in the small secluded lot. Jace was leaning against the passenger door waiting for me. As soon as I saw him a giant smile lit my face, and I walked over quickly with renewed energy. When I reached him, I wrapped my arms around him. I buried my face in his chest, feeling tingles erupt from the contact. His arms wrapped around me, pulling me closer. The last of the nervous feeling left my body, leaving me feeling stronger than it had in days.

"It's been too long," I muttered into his chest.

"It's only been six days."

"Says the guy that knows exactly how long it's been," I teased.

"Let's get into the car before anybody sees us."

I pulled away, and got in. Jace closed the door after me, and then walked around to get into the drivers seat. We pulled out of the parking lot.

"Want to stop for some Dairy Queen before I take you home?" Jace asked

Ice cream sounded amazing right now, so I nodded my head enthusiastically. Jace chuckled. I looked out the window then back at Jace. He also looked paler than usual. He wasn't as pale as me, but that was probably because he had a natural tan. His body looked tired, though.

"You look like shit," I said.

"Look who's talking," he teased. "You don't look too good either."

"Thanks. I'm just getting so many compliments today."

"No problem."

"How come you're also sick? I thought werewolves don't gets sick," I asked.

"You don't know?" He asked, looking at me like I fell from mars.

"No... Is it something that obvious?" I asked, trying to wrack my brain for what it could possibly be.

"Not really, it's more of a fact about mates. But I guess you never really needed to know all the finer details in this category."

"Well what is it? When one mate gets sick the other one also does?" I asked.

"No. When mates are separate from one another for more than a couple weeks, our bodies will start to weaken. Our wolves will start to weaken too," he explained.