Chapter 36

[hopefully this works. I have to update on my iPod since my moms computer broke a week ago, so that's why I didn't update]

Chapter 36

I turned around, and looked over to the doorway. In the doorway was a very groggy looking Jace. One hand was on the door frame, keeping himself steady. I couldn't help the smile that crept onto my face. He was ok. I felt a heaviness lift from my shoulders. My eyes met his unfocused eyes. I forgot about everything else but him. I even forgot about the stinging in my hand.

Suddenly his eyes focused, and practically bulged out of their sockets with lust as they focused on my chest. I looked down, and came back to reality. I spun around, and clutched the pathetic shirt to my chest. I hit my injured hand roughly when I was trying to cover up, and hissed out in pain. In an instant Jace was over to me, all grogginess and lust gone.

"Are you ok?" he asked worried.

I nodded my head, looking at him over my shoulder. But the tears in my eyes told him otherwise.

He spun me around, and gently pulled my injured hand out from behind my disgusting shirt. He looked it over with worry in his eyes.

"I'm ok, I just burned it on the pot of pasta. It's no big deal."

He just ignored me. Jace pulled me back over to the sink, and turned on the water. He stuck my hand underneath. I hissed in pain, and he flinched at the sound. His thumb rubbed soothing circles on my wrist .

Eventually the pain started to leave my hand, and a tingling filled its place. I focused hard on the water, so I wasn't looking up at Jace. He was standing with his bare chest pressed against my bare back, because he was leaning over me so he could hold onto my wrist. I felt my face get hot as I thought of the situation I was in.

"Better?" He asked breaking the silence.

I nodded my head when my words stuck in my throat.

He pulled my hand out of the water, and turned off the water. I pulled my hand out of his, and held it close to my leg. Jace spun me around so I was facing him. He looked over the bandage on my shoulder and my head with worry in his eyes. He looked away, and tried to reach for my hand, but I held it behind my back.

"It's ok, I promise. I'm more worried about you anyways," I insisted.

He gave me a grin, but winced. A sharp headache hit my skull. I also winced, but he didn't seem to notice. He held his hand to his head for a moment. I reached up with my uninjured hand, and touched his head where it hurt both of us. I felt an instant relief, and he gave me a thankful smile. His hand left his head, only to reach for my hand. I pulled both my hands away from him.

"I just want to check it."

I shook my head, took a step back. I was ready to say something, when he wrapped his large hands around my small waist, and put me up on the countertop by the sink. He walked between my legs so I was straddling him, and so I couldn't escape. I let out a frustrated sigh.

"Please let me down."

"Nope, not until I get to check out your hand," He said stubbornly.

"It's nothing. Really-"

"So you won't mind if I check on it then," he said cutting me off.

I glared at him, and that was the first time I truly looked into his eyes. Before I was looking into unfocused eyes, and I had felt nothing but overwhelming joy that he was ok. Not now. I looked into these focused eyes, and saw the same eyes that looked ready to kill me last night. The eyes that belonged to a person that really did kill somebody last night. I looked down immediately, before he could see the fear in my eyes.