Chapter 64

Chapter 64

Cole drove me back home, and on the way home I told him about moving back in with my family. I needed to get home before my family realized I was gone. I made sure to put my T-shirt on during the ride back.

"Do you want to come inside?" I asked as we pulled up.

Cole eyed the huge house. It was definitely an intimidating looking house. It was the stereotypical suburban house with the fence, and the neatly trimmed lawn with the long driveway. It was all the exact opposite of Cole.

"Maybe another time. I'm not really up to meeting a bunch of new people."

"Ok. Thanks for taking me."

"No problem."

Cole leaned over, and gave me a hug before I got out the car. He pulled out with a quick wave, and was off. When I entered the house Philly and Dylan were already home.

"Where were you?" Dylan asked, eating some of my goldfish. I snatched a handful out of the bag in his hands.

"I was just out. I went over to visit a few friends," I answered.

They followed me into the kitchen. Dad was already in there, starting on dinner. He was peeling some potatoes.

"Hey baby girl," He greeted with a smile. I walked over, and wrapped my arms around his chest, while he planted a kiss on the top of my head.

"What's for dinner?" I asked, pulling away.

"Chicken and potatoes."

I smiled, and settled myself on a seat around the island. Dylan and Philly were already leaning around it.

"So what did you do today?" Dad asked.

"I hung out with a couple of friends today."

"Anyone we know?"

"Nope. They are newish friends," I answered.

"A boy drove her home," Philly said with a smirk.

"Oh really?" Dad asked, sounding interested. He gave me that infamous look dad's give when they are trying to make you feel uncomfortable.

"I can have guy friends!" I exclaimed.

"Of course you can sweetheart," Dad reassure.

"You just can't have boyfriends," Dylan added.

"Says who?" I asked infuriated.

"Me," He said in a 'duh' tone.

"Well lucky for me, you aren't in charge of me. Dad has no problem with me having a boyfriend, right?" I asked.

"Well..." he trailed off.

"Dad!"

"I'm just kidding. Of course you can have a boyfriend," He reassure, "He just has to deal with all of your brothers. If he's dedicated enough to go through their crap, then he's a keeper."

My mind instantly wandered to Jace. Would he be so dedicated to me, that he didn't mind having to deal with my family? That is if they don't kill each other.

"Well I'm doomed then," I muttered.

"Don't worry sweetheart. They will back off if you're really serious about a guy," Dad reassure.

I grunted in frustration, knowing that wouldn't happen. I know I wouldn't be able to be with anyone other than Jace. Would they accept him because he's my mate? They wouldn't. But would they accept him if they knew he was my baby's father? Maybe, but probably after they wound up in jail for attempted murder.