Chapter 68

Second to last chapter. Hope u enjoy

Chapter 68

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I reached over to turn off my alarm, but my hand fell through where my nightstand was supposed to be. I opened my eyes, and groaned as light burned them. I blinked furiously, trying to clear my blurry vision.

When I could see I realized I wasn't even in my own room. I didn't recall ever being in this room before. I glanced around, trying to find something familiar, and my eyes landed on the heart monitor and the iv drip. I couldn't be in the hospital, because this room looked like it belonged in a home, with it's colored sheets, desk and sofa.

I continued to look around, and my eyes fell on a sleeping figure in a chair beside my bed. Jace. His hand was resting on my bed, inches away from where my own arm. His head lulled to the side, over my bed. Stubble was across his jaw line, and black circles were under his eyes. It's obvious he hadn't been resting much recently, so I returned to laying down.

I felt very well rested, but there was a throbbing on both sides of my chest, and a piercing pain on the right side of my waist. I struggled to remember what landed me here. I looked at Jace again, hoping his sleeping figure would have answers. My eyes widened with a realization. Jace is here. He's going to get us both killed by being seen with me. I knew he was over protective, but this was a new level that crossed into stupidity.

My heart monitor started beeping wildly. I was tempted to yank it off, but knew that would create even more noise. A doctor came rushing in, and instantly calmed down when he saw me looking back at him.

"Dr. Tourow?" I asked in shock.

"Nice to see you awake," He whispered, obviously trying not to wake up Jace.

"What happened to me?"

"You don't remember?" He asked, worry lacing his tone.

I shook my head.

"There was a fight between the Steffens and the Jenners. You resolved it actually, but then-"

"The rogues," I finished in a whisper. All the memories came rushing back. Telling everyone Jace and I were mates, that I was pregnant, the truce, and the fight with the rogues.

"What happen with the fight?" I asked. "Who won?"

"Neither."

"What?" I whispered.

"You can never win when it comes to war. One side dies, while the other becomes murderers. I don't consider that winning. We killed most of them, but we lost a lot of our own from both packs."

I felt a cold lump form in my throat.

"Who?" I whispered. I'm sure if it weren't for the werewolf hearing he wouldn't have heard.

"As far as I know, none of your immediate family. I don't know who you knew personally, so I can't tell you if any of your friends are dead."

I nodded my head, feeling barely relieved by his answer.

"Where is my family?" I asked, my voice betraying the fear still inside of me.

"They said they would come back soon."

I felt a slight disappointment they weren't here when I woke up.

"How long have I been out?" I asked.

"12 days."

"What?!" I nearly screamed, but caught myself at the last moment.

Jace stirred a bit, but didn't wake up. I ran my fingers tenderly through his hair, as though to comfort his sleeping figure. I turned my attention back to the doctor, resting my hand in my lap.