Chapter 44

Hope you all enjoy!

Chapter 44

I entered into the house, passing the police car in the small parking lot out front. A crowd of young girls were all surrounding Emily's office. I slammed the door shut, and took off my shoes. I tried to peer past the girls into the small window in the door. I was taller so it wasn't too hard to do.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"A new girl came with the police," Shauna answered. She was a cute second grader.

She seemed to have given up on trying to see past the taller girls that had pushed themselves closer to the door.

"Want to see?" I asked.

She bobbed her little head. I picked her up, so she could see over the heads of the fourth and fifth grade girls. She peered into the window, and saw one of the officers who was talking to Emily. You could only see the arm of the other.

"Where's the girl?" She asked.

"Probably by the officer we can't really see. Don't worry though, we will see her later," I reassured her.

I set Shauna back down.

"Thank you," she said, before running off with her little dark braids flopping around.

I went up to my room. Hailey, Abby, and Liz were in the room. These three had become like my best girl friends. Abby and Liz were studying. Hailey was just playing a game on her iPod. I made my way to my bed, where I pulled out my biology. Maybe I could get a bit of studying done before dinner. I would have to, since I didn't get any done today.

"How was studying?" Abby asked.

"Horrible!"

"Why?"

"We didn't get any studying done."

"So what's with the new girl?" I asked.

"We don't really know anything. They just arrived, and Emily escorted them to her office immediately. They have been in there for an hour now," Abby answered.

"So your telling me, that those girls gathered around the office door have been there for an hour?" I asked.

"Pathetic, right?" Hailey asked.

"Got that right," I muttered, opening up my book. "So what's up with dinner?"

"It's running late ‘cause Emily is in a meeting and Trish is sick," Abby answered.

"Great," I muttered sarcastically.

"You look better than before. Think your sickness is going away?" Liz asked.

"I think so," I muttered with a smile.

I turned on some music, and started to study from the review sheet and the book. Sadly I had to study for everything from this semester, because this school was learning the exact same thing I had been learning at my old school. I also didn't have my notes from the first quarter of this semester.

After ten minutes of studying we were all called down for dinner. There was a buzz in the air, because everyone was excited to meet the new girl. We all sat down and started eating. Emily wasn't there yet, and neither was the new girl.

"Where do you think they are?" Abby asked.

"Emily probably called us all down to dinner, so she could give her a tour without us all freaking her out," Hailey muttered, still engrossed in the game on her iPod.