Chapter 16

Hope you all enjoy!!! don't forget to check out my new story, Ivory.

Chapter 16

I sprinted through the trees at full speed, tumbling out of the uneven forest floor onto the smooth road. I looked around still running at full speed, but slightly faster now that I was on even ground. I was in some neighborhood.

I ran past many neighborhoods, occasionally checking the signs, until I reached a street full of stores. There were about two bars, that were still open. If I ran out of time and they came after me, I could run into there and beg for help.

I started to slow down trying to catch my breath, and figure out where I was. I couldn't run anymore. My muscles were shaking and my legs felt like jelly. I was breathing hard, and I was bent over, trying to keep from passing out. I stumbled over to a lamp post, and threw up behind it. I never ran that much in my life, and at that speed. I finally figured out I was about a third of a mile away from home, but I couldn't run anymore.

I managed to stand up and walk into the nearest bar. I opened the door, and everyone turned to look at me. The music seemed to be blasting through the air vibrating through my bones, making it harder to stay up. The air was filled with smoke reducing the amount of oxygen I got into my body. I tried to breath and slow my breathing. I suddenly felt a arm around me pulling me over to a chair. I sat down, and was handed a glass of water. I had tears streaming down my face, and I knew I looked like a mess.

"Plea-ease, I nee-ed to use your ph-phone," I stuttered. Someone gave me their phone, and I punched in my house number. It rang, and rang. Please pick up, I pleaded. Nothing. It went to voice mail and I hung up.

"What happen to you?"

"Are you ok?"

"Do you want some help?"

All the words blurred together into a faint ringing sound, and I didn't listen to a single one. I needed to make it home now. I couldn't just stay here until they found me. I took another glass of water, and said I would be fine and walked out.

I knew I wasn't going to be fine, but I had to try and make it home before they could find me, or start a fight with my family. I just had too.

Starting the run again was terrible. I felt like I could just collapse where I was, but somehow I managed to continue running. The thought of being with my family again was what was pushing my jelly- like legs to run. I ran until I was just a block from my house. I could have started weeping in joy when I saw the house. Actually I did. I fell down to my knees and started to cry. I must have been like that for 5 minutes, before I stood back up and walked the rest of the way until I was right in front of my house.

I was still hidden by the shadows, when I heard howling and the snapping of bones. I froze and started shaking my head. Oh please, not here! I just made it home. I couldn't let anyone know I was here, if the Steffans' are already here. Me showing up would just make it a thousand times worse.

I started to walk back further into the shadows until my back hit the the neighbor across the street's fence. I fell down to the ground bawling. I was finally home and I couldn't go in without them threatening me, or my family.

After a minute of hearing whimpering I decided they would leave sooner if they realized I wasn't there. I quickly slipped in through a hole at the bottom of the neighbors fence, and sat hugging my knees and watching through the cracks in the wooden fence for any sign of someone coming. I was crying at the sound of misery coming from my family.

When I heard my mates howl of pain, I nearly screamed out in agony. A sharp pain in my side feeling as though a dozen knifes piercing my skin and twisting pulling out a chunk of my flesh and ribs. I felt the crunching of my ribs, and a loud howl erupted up around me. I started to whimper and it was the best I could do to stop from howling out like my mate. I started crying even more, and had to look down at my side to make sure nothing had happen to my side. There was no blood and it wasn't even swelling. What the hell?

It took a while for the howling and cracking of bones and the wet sound of tearing flesh to stop. When it finally did I was jerked up into a sitting position, with my face pressed against the wood waiting to see what would happen next. Nobody came out toward the front yard, and after yet another 20 minutes when I was sure that they had left, I crawled under the fence. I stood up, froze listening for any sound other than those coming from inside the house. I slowly walked up to the front door. My knees were shaking so hard I could barely walk, along with the rest of my body.

I opened up the door, and the sounds of a human crying out in pain filled my ears. I walked past hallway, surprised that nobody had heard or smelled me coming in. I heard more cries of pain and anguish. A soft voice was talking, but it was too low for me to hear.

Suddenly a pain erupted in the same side that it had been before. I knew Jace must have hurt it even more or something. I started to whimper as the pain was too much to deal with. I fell to the ground in the shadows, just feet from the light in the living room. I cried out in agony as the pain continued in my side, I felt a slicing at my side and looked down, but nothing was there. I realized the doctor must be cutting some of Jace's skin to fix the bone before it set wrong. Then the snapping of the ribs again.

I was suddenly discovered by Philly who was staring down at me surprised. He picked me up and carried me into the bright harsh lights. I was still in pain, screaming clutching onto my side. What the hell was going on? Why did I have to feel his pain? I wanted to go over there right now and strangle him just to stop the pain. I was set down on a chair, when suddenly the pain started to numb out.

Finally I was able to focus on what was before me. Philly was pulling my hands away from where the pain was just to reveal smooth skin without a single flaw. Mom came over to me and held my hand, hugging me, and kissing me. I looked over to see an unconscious Dylan, and Mitch holding his leg that was wrapped in a towel. Dad was holding  a bloody rag up to his shoulder. The room was littered with a several other people. There was a young doctor who was caring for Dylan at the moment.

Finally sounds started to make their way past my ears and into my brain.

"What happen?" Mom was asking. 

I explained in a short version without explaining about Jace at all. I told them about running through the woods and escaping them. She then went onto explaining that they came here asking for me.

"They didn't believe us when we told them we didn't have you, we thought they did. Then the alpha attacked your father. Everyone started to attack everyone. One of the wolves though kept coming, he looked ready to kill everyone to find you. He passed out after your brother got him in the side, and then another knocked out Dylan."

I looked down at my hands as mom gave me a glass of water. I drank it, and then mom started looking over me. She cleaned a few cuts on my feet, and a few on my face. The entire time Philly held onto my hand like he never wanted me to leave him. I wasn't planning on it anytime soon. Dad and Mitch were asking me many questions before they were given medicine by the doctor and fell asleep. Everyone who was hurt, even if it was a very small injury like a small bite on their arm, was forced to take the medicine.

Finally Philly took me up to bed, realizing just how exhausted I was. He set me in my bed and curled in next to me.

"Why were you screaming out in pain?" He asked. I was dreading someone asking me that.

"I'm too tired right now. I promise to tell you in the morning," I muttered on the verge of sleep.

 He nodded and I was out. I hadn't taken a bath or anything, just fell asleep. I slept peacefully throughout the entire night.

Please Vote and Comment!!! Hope you enjoyed! still like to hear what people think. Thanks!!!