Chapter 66

This parts really exciting.

Chapter 66

I was sleeping peacefully, well as peacefully as I could with dark dreams twisting their way through my mind, until I was awakened by my phone ringing. I didn't even open my eyes when I reached over, and somehow managed to hit the answer button.

"Hello?" I mumbled in a rough morning voice.

"When were you going to tell me you moved back in with your family?"

The voice, even though over the phone, sent chills down my spine. I instantly sat up, heart pounding erratically in my chest. It couldn't be. After a month of never answering his phone, he called me.

"Jace?" I asked, not believing the voice in my ears.

"Yeah. Now when were you going to tell me?"

"Why didn't you ever pick up the phone?" I snapped. I was pissed first he doesn't answer the phone, then he demands stuff from me. Doesn't even ask how I am. Cole was right. He was an asshole. He needed to pay for everything he had done to me. If it weren't for the fact I needed him so badly, then I would have just hung up right now.

"We can talk about that later... maybe. When did you move back?"

"A bit over two weeks ago. You would have known this if you would have just picked up the damn phone. Jace things are getting really bad for me. But you were too stuck in your own damn world to even care about whats happening to me," I shouted in frustration.

"Don't say that. You know I care about you."

"Then why didn't you answer?"

"Look we can talk about this all later. But right now you need to warn your family. My pack is coming after you. My dad found out you are living with your family again. He... he's coming to kill you."

That froze the raging anger in me. Instincts kicked in again, and I protected my baby belly instantly, even though there was no real threat at that moment in the room with me.

"When?" I whispered.

"They are all gathering up now. They are going to cross the border in about half an hour. You have to run out of town."

"I need you to come with me. Otherwise there will be no point leaving."

"What do you mean?"

"Jace I wound up in the hospital a few weeks ago. It's only going to continue to get worse. I won't live much longer without you."

I hated saying the words out loud. I hated being so dependent on someone who was so untrustworthy.

"Besides, I can't leave home in the condition I'm in. You have to tell your father the truth. It's the only thing that will keep me alive," I insisted.

"It's too late. My pack is heading out already. I have to go. Get into a car and leave town. I love you."

And with that he hung up.

"Jace?"

There was no answer. I tossed my phone on my bed, and threw on the first clothing my fingertips found, a white sundress, because I had fallen alseep in just a tank top and underwear. I quickly ran downstairs. Maybe it was the adrenalin that was now pumping through my body, but I didn't feel weak even though I was running.

I came crashing into my Dad's office, just to find it empty. I checked Mom's. Also empty. The entire bottom floor was completely deserted.

"Crap!" I swore, running back up the steps, hoping they were all in their rooms.