Chapter 29

Chapter 29

There was no real way to prove that the person in front of me was really my twin, but I could tell. We both looked exactly alike. I also had this gut feeling that he was my twin. I could feel a pull to the dangerous person in front of me. Call me crazy, but I wanted to get to know him.

He realized I was frozen, but didn't know why. He started to make a move to get up, but I growled at him before raising the gun up again. He froze.

"Don't move!" I growled, but it was softer than before.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Why do you care?" he snapped back in a tone that reminded me of myself far too much. I shivered inside.

"Where do you live? Do you live with your mother? Are you an orphan?" I blurted out, needing to know.

Here he was. I thought I had no family left, that I was all alone, but here he was. My own flesh and blood. I didn't know if it really meant anything if he didn't even have any connection with me, well at least that he knew about.

"Shut up! You don't know anything!" he yelled back. He had the same short temper as me. His eyes saddened a bit, but his jaw clenched tighter in anger.

"Please?" I pleaded with him. "I need to know!"

"Why?" he asked, eyeing me cautiously.

I took in a deep breath, and stepped out if my protective shadows. I heard a gasp, and watched his frozen shocked face. He could also tell we looked exactly alike. I did a mental happy dance. At least he also saw it.

"I'm going to ask you again, are you an orphan?" I asked. I had lowered the gun slightly.

"Yeah, I am. You?" he asked sounding shocked, barely able to get the words out.

I nodded my head, too shocked that this was really happening. I got my voice back, and answered him properly.

"I live in an orphanage right now. What about you?" I asked him.

"I ran away when I was 13 years old. I now live with a bunch of other boys that don't have anywhere else to go."

"Why did you run away?" I asked, curious.

"You might find out later."

"When is your birthday?" I asked. I was frustrated that I didn't get an answer.

"You tell me," He stood up slowly, keeping his eyes on me.

"April 18," I whispered. He nodded telling me it was the same for him.

The gun drooped a little more. We just stared at each other, trying to figure out each other for a long time. He suddenly reached into his back pocket, and the gun flew back up, aiming for him. He cocked an eyebrow. He and I both knew I could no longer shoot him.

He pulled out his chained wallet. He yanked out a small paper hidden in one of the card pockets. He unfolded it, to show me the same picture I currently had framed laying in my suitcase. It was the picture of us and our mother when we were really little.

I needed no more proof. I was suddenly so overcome with emotions. I clicked on the guns security. I then ran up, wrapped my arms around him, and buried my face in his chest. He was shocked, but after a moment wrapped his arms around me.

If I remember correctly he was older than me, but just by 12 minutes. Our poor mother!

I felt a shock and relief wash over me. He must have felt the same emotions I did, because he didn't pull away. He just held me there. He didn't have a family either, he was on the streets, living with a bunch of other boys that weren't needed- just like him. Now there was somebody that cared for him.