Chapter 57

hope u all enjoy!

Chapter 57

The blood rushed to my head, pounding loudly in my ears. My mouth felt like sandpaper. A chill forced my body to shiver involuntarily. Tears started to swim in my eyes. The lump in my throat sank to my stomach like a ball of lead. The world around me started to spin.

I'm pregnant?

Those two words didn't belong together in a sentence. There was no way I could be pregnant, that a baby was growing inside of me right now. I was way too young to be pregnant. It had to be some type of mistake. Hell, I only ever slept with Jace twice.

I felt a scream itch it's way up my throat. I tightly held my clenched fist over my lips to keep any noise from coming out. Tears leaked onto my white knuckled fingers.

"Are you ok?" Dr. Tourow asked.

I had completely forgotten that he was in the room. A hand was rested reassuringly on my tensed shoulder. I was unable to shake my head as an answer.

How could I be pregnant? I had no idea how to take care of a baby. I was still a child. How was I supposed to take care of this one?

I tried to think back to the last time I had my period, and received a shocking realization when I actually thought back to it. The last time I had my period was a couple week before prom. It literally felt like a lifetime ago. So much had happen since then.

That meant I became pregnant the same night I had lost my virginity to Jace. That was three months ago.

How had I not realized I hadn't had my period in three months? But the answer was very obvious. I had been so caught up in finishing school, and Jace for the first two months that I didn't even realize what was going on with my body. Then for the last month I had just been trying to survive after Jace had told me the truth. I tried not to look at my body too much then, because it was so sickly.

I had been pregnant when those men attacked me in Cole's apartment. My stomach started to turn viciously at the thought. I felt hot bile rise up into my throat. Those men nearly killed me and my baby without me even knowing it. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, and keeled down to retch into the trash bin next to my bed. The acidic vomit burned my throat, and tears stung in my eyes. The wires tugged uncomfortably to their limits.

Next thing I knew, Dr. Tourow was helping me back into my bed.

Maybe throwing up wasn't because of the separation, but because I was having morning sickness? It explained the constant nausea.

I tried to think of the idea of a little life growing inside of me that was created by both Jace and I. My heart warmed at the thought, but my brain still treated it as a foreign idea. It just felt so strange that I could actually have a baby that was growing inside of me that would share my DNA.

"Here, drink this."

Dr. Tourow handed over a cup of water to me that had been sitting on the tray table. I grasped the cold plastic cup with shaking fingers, and managed to get a sip down my throat.

"Are you sure?" I whispered, once I finished the water.

He nodded his head. "I ran many tests just to make sure."

I stared in a shocked silence at him.

"What am I supposed to do?"

"You will need to get back together with your mate. You nearly lost your baby this time, because your body was too weak to keep both it and you alive. That's why you had feinted. It was your bodies way of preserving both of you."