Chapter 61

Chapter 61

"Ugh! Finally!" I yelled, marching right through the doors into the air conditioned house.

I was closely followed by the others, whose arms were laden with shopping bags from our trip to the mall. After Keila and the bitchy girl left, we took off to a store that was more accommodating to my needs.

I somehow managed to convince the girls to carry some of my heavier bags. They probably just did it because of my stupid weakened body. Either that, or they were tired of all of my complaining. For about the last hour of shopping I trailed along behind them, complaining my bags were heavy, and my feet hurt. They told me to suck it up, while in my mind I wondered how they would feel if they were as weak as me, carrying around extra weight in their uterus, and hate shopping to begin with. So after constant pestering on my part, they finally gave in and agreed to carry my bags and head home as long as I shut up.

They handed my bags back to me when we got into our own room. I couldn't help the snigger that escaped my lips. That ended with a few glares shot in my direction.

"I'm never going shopping with you again! You seriously a sucky shopping buddy," Hailey said.

I walked over to my bed, and deposited the bags on it.

"Yeah, I know. Why do you think I always borrow all of your clothes?" I replied, motioning to what I was wearing.

"Isn't that your own sundress though?" Chloe asked.

I looked down, and remembered I had actually pulled it out from my own drawer this morning. It had been crumpled into a ball in the bottom drawer. Honestly I'm not too sure how the white sundress wasn't completely wrinkled. It also did a good job hiding my growing belly.

"Yeah, I forgot what I was wearing," I muttered.

I turned to walk away from my bed, but suddenly realized that the corner of my suitcase was peaking out from under my bed. I quickly crouched down, and pulled it out all the way from under my bed. My heart hammered in my chest with worry that somebody looked at the pregnancy books hidden inside. I unzipped it, and relief washed over me. My heart slowed, as I peered at the books that had been left the exact same way at they had been before. The top book flipped over, showing nothing but a blank purple cover.

"So?" Somebody asked, I looked up to see Liz questioning me.

"Uh... Yes?" I answered.

The girls burst out laughing at me.

"You weren't listening, were you?"

I shook my head with a guilty smile on my face.

"What did you get?" She asked.

"Oh, just some new jeans and shorts. Mine are ruined."

Liz nodded her head, and continued a conversation with Jenna who was sitting across the room.

I looked back down at the suitcase, and wondered why it wasn't tucked all the way under my bed. Maybe somebody had accidentally kicked it out? Yeah, that's probably what happened.

With an hour and a half left till dinner, we all decided to head out back for some more fresh air. After thirty minutes of being outside though, we went into the air conditioned safe haven to escape the humidity.

"It's the beauty of having dark skin, I don't turn into a bright red tomato like you," Liz snickered at Chloe, who somehow managed to burn after sitting out in the late afternoon sun for only half an hour.

I giggled at Chloe, who was poking her nose, wincing as she did so. It was quite comical.

"But seriously though, I finally signed up for those self- defense classes," Liz said proudly.