Threat

'Expect to have hope rekindled.
Expect ur prayers to be answered in wondrous ways.
The dry seasons in life do not last.
The spring rains will come again.'

Pragya eavesdropped their conversation outside the office. She was burning in rage after listening to Ak's suggestion. She wanted to rip Sindhuja apart. She devised a cunning plan in her mind.

In office,

Sk: Naana??

Ak: Ama...

Sk: Ennai edhuku kupdringa?? Its ur family banquet right??? Naan vandha thappu aayidadha??

Ak: u ll come as my guest..

Sk: pragya edho unga Kalyana vishayam adhu Idhu sonnangale...

Ak: yeah it seems like they r going to announce wedding..

Sk: appo naan Kandippa varale.. I ll look like your other woman and i don't want to ruin ur relationship.

She looked at him expectantly to find any reaction. As usual there was not any reaction from him for that statement. He was perusing his files and talking.

Ak: nalla yosichu dhaan soldriya??

Sk: yes..

Ak: appo sari...

She regretted it immediately.. She kept thinking sari solli irukkalamo... But she didn't want to dwell on it anymore as she felt her decision was right.

Sk mindvoice: irundhalum konjam kenji ketrukalam.. Enna manushan ivaru...

Pragya went to her brother aakash's department who was also working in Credence as Finance manager.

Aakash: Enna madam inga kaathu adikudhu?? future madam nu vandhu kaatringalo???

Pragya was irritated to the core..

Pragya: oh please naan soldradhe first kelu... Naan future madam aagave problem varum pola...

Aakash: Enna soldre?? Appa pesuren nu sonnare..

Pragya briefed him about whatever happened.

Aakash: so un prachanai andha ponnu dhaane???

Pragya: Ama avale edhachi pannanum.. But arjun illadhappo dhaan pannanum.. Arjun irundha ava kitte kooda po mudiyadhu...

Aakash: i ll take care of that... U be conscious of our plan.. Adhe Vittu love pandren nu full ah vizhundhuradhe...

Pragya: naan sonnadhe nee sei.. I know what I have to do...

Pragya wanted to marry Arjun and kick out Aakash as she felt her brother was a leech whereas he wanted her to marry arjun and help him gain a foothold in the group.

Ak had a site inspection in Hyderabad. Sk was also about to leave with him as it was related to the partnership project. But at the last minute due to the change in plan, she had to stay in headquarters.

Ak: If I need anything, stay online.. I will get you in video call...

Sk: Okay sir.. When ll u come back??

When she said that he lifted his head and looked at her. There was no stern expression anymore and replied her in a soft voice.

Ak: I'll be back by tomorrow. U stay safe. Don't wander...

His reply had a mischievous tone.

Sk: naan engayum poga matten.. Neenga safe ah poitu vaanga.. I'll be waiting...

He realised her concern and really kept on wondering about the depth of her affection towards him.

Later that afternoon, Aakash came to Ak's office to deliver a file which has to be settled to a customer. It contained a blank cheque signed by AK.

Akash: can u submit this file to Arjun?? This is a very important one. This customer is pestering us a lot.

Sk: yes sir. But our MD will b available only by tomorrow morning. Is that fine for u??

Aakash: no worries. U just submit then. I will brief him about that file in call.

Sk: okay sir. Thank u..

She placed the file given by him in Ak's desk and went back to her place. Akash returned with a smirk in his face.

Akash mv: u r going to regret this very badly sindhuja.. U crossed a line with someone whom u shouldn't have.. Ini kadavule nenaichalum unnai kaappatha mudiyadhu..

Sk didn't have any idea about the impending threat. She was getting ready to sign out for that day. Suddenly there was a commotion in the office.

Akash: Miss.Sindhuja naan unga kitte kuduthen le andha file eh edunga... Adhule oru cheque irukkum eduthu kudunga..

She checked that file but didn't find any cheque.

Sk: sir adhule endha cheque um illa..

Akash: what?? Naan vechi kuduthene.. I need to give it to the customer right now..

Sk: i really don't find any..

Aakash: Idhuku dhaan indha maari ponnungale vekka koodadhu... En department le cheque illa.. My whole department will give me an alibi. They know that I kept it there. Unga kitte kuduthapram dhaan miss aayiruku...

Sk: sir u r accusing me without any proof. I will not tolerate this. And this is Arjun sir's office.. U cannot make mess here.

Akash: Arjun is my cousin. Enaku anga Enna sollanum nu theriyum...

Supriya, Hema and others in the whole floor were watching them. Akash called police station and informed them about the cheque theft. Hema looked at her helplessly.

Police soon came and arrested her. Everything was happening in a lightening speed. Sindhuja didn't have time to understand the things happening around her. She landed soon in the police station and she was kept in a cell.

Akash and pragya were celebrating their victory. They thought even if she got released she wouldn't step inside the company. Pragya was much happier to see her in misery.

Sk felt nauseating and every minute was giving her hell. She never expected herself to fall in this situation. She still had no tears in her eyes. She sat in a corner and closed her eyes. She was missing him. At that moment, she realized that he was the only one who stood by her always.

There was a familiar voice sounded in the station. It was kaushik. Officer in the station denied her release. She didn't even come near the door of her cell. She stayed inside. She didn't wish to see anyone.

It was around midnight, many cars lined outside the police station. Ak entered the station in large strides. After few words with officer in station, Ak entered her cell and saw her curled up in the floor.

His heart ached to see her in that state. He went near her and lifted her. She looked at him and her lips looked parched.

Ak: sorry I got late...

Sk: I didn't wander...

She said in a husky tone and he didn't hear it...

Ak: Enna????

Sk: I said I did not wander anywhere...

And then she closed her eyes and felt home in his embrace.

It was heart breaking for him. He wanted to thrash the people whoever brought her to this condition. He was looking like a raging beast. Kaushik who stood outside the station didn't say anything when he saw AK who was looking like a demon. He looked at SK who was in his arms. But stayed in his place. Ak left the police station with her.

*Author note: hello makkale. Karuthukalai koorungal... Pidichirundha vote podungal... Pidikale na commentil thittungal... Unga comments kaga author waiting... I hope the story is still interesting😅😅... Thanks for all the love and support... Ur vote my boost...😍😍😍😍