Chapter 31 (trying something new)

Hey guys! My man Y/n's life has been pretty crazy will he ever have a day where something crazy doesn't happen! Let's find out!

Evelynn POV

Oh god what was I thinking?! I don't even know how to cook?! Why am I doing this?!

You struggle to follow the simple steps to making pancakes. Reading the box you try to crack an egg into the bowl but you used too much force and eggshells fall into the bowl.

Damnit. Let's try that again.

You rinse out the eggs into the sink and crack another one this time no shells.

That's progress. Now.. let's see here.. add in two cups of milk.

You look around the fridge and see a carton of milk.

Ah there you are.

You begin to pour out what you thought was two cups of milk.

That.. looks a bit too wet..

You overestimated the amount of milk you needed to put in and it's now has the consistency of pure milk with a hint of pancake mix and an egg.

Alright again.

You clean out the bowl restarting but once again failing at one of the steps. Finally after many attempts you were able to get the perfect consistency of batter not too thick but not too runny either.

Finally.. time to start making some pancakes! It can't be too hard right?

Wrong. You burnt the first five pancakes you made. Burnt on the outside and runny in the inside.

What the HELL. HOW IS THIS SO HARD. HOW DO YOU DO THIS KAI'SA.

And right on queue you hear a familiar voice.

Kai'sa: hey Eve..! Need any help!

You turn towards her with pleading eyes.

Evelynn: yes please..

She smiles warmly at you as she takes a bowl and begins to make another batch.

Kai'sa: follow me closely! okay?

You nod your head. As you watch Kai'sa effortlessly make a perfect batch and you try to follow her example managing to do the same now it's time to put it on the frying pan.

Kai'sa: so remember Eve! You don't want the pan to be too hot or it'll cook too fast on the outside before it could cook in the inside!

Evelynn: okay.. so what should I do..

Kai'sa: just put it into a medium low heat!

You watch her turn the knob and you do the same.

Kai'sa: alright! Now grab a ladle and scoop up the batter and pour it into the pan! Nice and easily!

You watch as she gracefully pours the mix into the pan forming a perfect circle it was beautiful. You look at your pan then to your batter scooping some of it into the ladle.

*gulp*

You slowly pour it into the pan and you made a nice oval shape pancake.

Kai'sa: nice! Now make sure it's fully cooked on that side before you flip it!

Evelynn: how will I know?

Kai'sa: just look at the edges!

She points at her pancake and you see the edges beginning to cook on the top half of the pancake.