Chapter 61 (War)

Y/n POV

You along with the girls rush out towards the front entrance following close behind Irelia.

Y/n: I thought we were supposed fight them further out?!

Irelia: that was the plan. But it seems our adversary is a bit impatient. Our scouts say they're forming their troops right outside the pass.

Y/n: how did they get so close?!

Irelia: some of our scout groups have been missing and none of our secondary groups could figure out what was happening to them. And before we knew what was going on they managed to push up all the way here.

Y/n: isn't that putting them in the disadvantage?!

Irelia: if they charge in.. then yes. But if they wait us out and cut off all our supply lines then we're the ones who'll lose in the end.

BROOOOOOOOWM

Irelia: that's the second horn. That means the enemy is advancing.

Y/n: so they're going through the pass?!

Irelia: indeed. But why. Why would they put themselves into a disadvantage..?!

You hear a footsteps behind you.

Sett: well whatever it is, it spells bad news enough to make my fur stand.

Yone: well I agree with you on that. Something doesn't seem right.

Y/n: are the two of you actually getting along?

You try to make ease up the tension just a bit and you see Yone make a face of utter disgust by the idea of him getting along with the Vastayan built like a tank.

Yone: don't say such a disgusting thing ever again.

Sett: quit being so uptight you twig! Admit it you like hanging around me!

Yone: not in a million years.

Irelia: can we FOCUS please.

The three of you stand straight up at attention.

Irelia: we need to start evacuating the villagers before they come through the pass. For now we'll wait and see what they'll do.

Y/n: so whose evacuating everyone?

Irelia: my men are already in the process of getting them out-

BRRRRRRRRRRR

All eyes turn to the pass as a giant horn is blown and with it tens of thousands sets of footsteps marching towards you. Their number vastly outnumbering yours. You see Irelia quickly sprint towards the front standing upon a rock so everyone can see her.

Irelia: THIS IS IT. OUR ONE CHANCE TO TURN THIS AROUND. IF THEY MAKE IT PASS US HERE.. THEN OUR LAND, OUR HOME, OUR PEOPLE, AND OUR FUTURE WILL BE GONE FORVER. SO IF THIS IS TO BE OUR LAST THEN I SAY WE GO DOWN WITH BLADE IN HAND!

The warriors shout and roar raising their weapons high into the air. You stand next to her and to show off your power for a moment, with a bright flash tiny particles shine all around you as you take on your Cosmic form a spear in hand you raise it with everyone else.

Y/n: FOR IONIA!

Everyone: FOR IONIA!

The two of you turn towards the incoming army. You feel a hand intertwine with yours.

Irelia: *whispers* I'm scared..

You squeeze her hand tightly giving her reassurance.

Y/n: *whisper* you're not alone! I'm here with you!