Chapter 65 (The Trial)

Y/n POV

You stood in some sort of temple, everything was white but the furniture which were gold with marble. Large bleachers on each side and a large throne in the center and there you stood on some kind of circular podium in the center with everyone looking down upon you. Aurelion Sol was seated on the large throne with Cosmics all around you none you recognize or could recognize to begin with.

Aurelion Sol: Y/N YOU HAVE BROKEN A SACRED OATH

His voice boomed causing you to wince at the shear volume of it.

Aurelion Sol: WHAT SAY YOU IN YOUR DEFENSE

Y/n: uh.. what oath..

The crowd went crazy as they all talked amongst themselves with some even yelling treason and heretic.

Aurelion Sol: EVERY COSMIC VOWS AN OATH WHEN THEY RECEIVE THEIR POWERS

Y/n: but I didn't vow an oath..

CRACK

Lightning strikes all around you leaving cracks within the ground.

Random Cosmic Entity: INSOLENT WORM. SHOW RESPECT TO THE KING.

Before more could happen Aurelion Sol gives the random Cosmic a glare and he immediately sits back down, he then turns back to you.

Aurelion Sol: THEN HOW DID YOU RECEIVE YOUR POWERS

Y/n: my mom taught me it.. sir..? your honor..?

Aurelion Sol: MY LIEGE.

Y/n: my.. liege..

Aurelion Sol: SO SHE TAUGHT YOU WITHOUT ANY WARNINGS OR PRECAUTIONS

Y/n: I guess not..

Aurelion Sol: SO YOUR MOTHER THE COSMIC OF CONQUER HELPED YOU DEVELOP YOUR COSMIC POWERS

The crowd once again went into an uproar all talking about your mother. Again that random man stood up and started yelling.

Random Cosmic Entity: YOU'RE THAT SORRY EXCUSE OF A COSMICS SON?!

For some reason that statement pinched a nerve causing you to raise your voice.

Y/n: HEY. She was stronger than every one of you loser so show some respect.

Random Cosmic Entity: YOU IMBECILE.

Lighting crackled all around you once more and as one was flying your way you turned cosmic deflecting the bolt with ease. A feeling of confidence washed over you but as quickly as it came, now confusion took over as everyone was gasping whispering to one another. Looking at why that was the case you noticed a very cold expression on Aurelion Sol's face as he looked at you. You finally looked down and saw that your body was no longer the galactic blue you were used to, but now a dark purple color with stars still speckled all over you but more red than their normal light blue colors. You felt your Asakana mask on your face, taking it off you notice it was a black steel color with dark purple energy flowing through the crack that ran vertically across the mask.

Y/n: what kind of power is this?

Aurelion Sol: the power of the Dark Star.

His voice more controlled, as if he was trying his best to hold back his emotions.

Y/n: Dark Star?

Aurelion Sol: when a Cosmic becomes corrupted they become a Dark Star. Their emotions run rampant and they give in to their carnal desires. You Y/n have crossed that threshold.

Y/n: hmm.. I see..

He raised an eyebrow at you with curiosity.

Aurelion Sol: you don't seem at all fazed by this?