Crimson | Levi x Reader

Prompt- Levi finds reader...

EXTREME TW-PLEASE BE CAREFUL

Light knocks sounded on the bathroom door, Levi's quiet 'Y/n?' following the soft sound. He had been looking for you, not seeing you much recently and deciding to bring you tea to chat with you. However, when he got to your room the girls had informed him that you had gone to take a shower. He decided to stay, waiting for you to finish and come back.

But slowly the tea got cold. The clock moving at an agonizingly slow pace. Finally nearly an hour later he went to check on you, a twinge of concern coming over him.

The water was still running inside, the pitter patter falling evenly with no shifts.

"Y/n, i'm coming in." he said, turning the knob and letting the steam engulf him.

"Y/n?"

There was still no response.

"Y/n i'm starting to get worried, is everything okay?" he asked while approaching the drawn chowder curtain. "Listen Y/n I don't wanna do this but i'm started to get freaked out." he said, a small quiver in his voice.

His hand shakily reached out, pulling the shower curtain back.

The pain was terrible, he wasn't sure whether he did or didn't wish to know. But nothing could change fact.

The fact that your body laid limp and pale in the water stream.

The fact that your eyes were dull, empty,

The fact that your chest didn't and would never move again.

The sight was horrible.

Blood. So much blood that it was hard to tell where it came from, the only indicators being the slightly darker lines etched into the skin with barely and space between them and not missing a spot of skin. Drawing numerous lines in uneven rows.

You arms. Your chest. Your neck. Your stomach. Your legs. Even a few on your cheekbones and forehead were marked- all red and deep.

Levi choked on his breath, his eyes immediately stinging and an alarm going off in his head.

"No. No no no no no." he chanted, pushing the curtain back more and kneeling by your head.

The water dripped onto him and down his body and hair as his fingers felt for your pulse desperately. He continued to chant, the words getting sadder and sadder with every repeat.

"Please, no. No. Not now, please."

His fingers weaved together before he placed his palm aligned together on your chest, over the motionless heart. He pushed down, imitating the beat he was hoping to ignite.

Minutes.

It continued for minutes.

The pumping of his hands. The water dripping down his head and body, joining the tears that flooded his eyes. The black sleekness of his hair a complete opposite to his flushed face. The broken sobs leaving his quivering lips. His ears ringing. His body trembling. His mind crumbling.

Red. So much red.

The crimson color covered his own skin, yours having plenty to spare.

He was too late.

He pulled away with a scream, his throat ripping from the noise as the world collapsed. As his world collapsed.

So much red.

He couldn't stand the sight. He was tainted. Not by you, but by himself.

This was his doing. He knew it.

Something. There has to of been something he could've done.

"Not her. Not yet." he whispered those words moments moments after his guttural scream.

He slumped back against the wall, ignoring the sounds of approaching footsteps.

His hand rested on his lap, slightly brushing the small box in his pocket.

a/n- y'all i'm not doing so good lol. it's 11:38 as i write this and even tho ik i'll post it in the morning i wanted to pre-write my explanation. i swear i'm fine and everything it's just ive been struggling recently and my mind skimmed the edges of the idea. so i wrote a small imagine to convince myself on how one of my favorite characters would feel if they found me like this, kinda as a way to reassure myself someone needs me here even tho that sounds kinda stupid and depressing cause he isn't real. i was hoping that it could help someone else tho. that being said, i'm sorry that this is kinda dark but it was kinda therapeutic for me. please know that you can always message me, i swear i'll respond as soon as possible

there is no question today, sorry- but feel free to leave something in the comments

we're tied- if you drown i drown. so let's learn how to swim together<3