10

3rd person's POV

"I literally got lost the first day I got back here" Heejin said while Hyunjin laughs as she wipe the table with a wet cloth. It's already 7:30PM and the closing time was 30 minutes ago. Hyunjin decided to stay and they share stories about themselves.

"Hyejoo said sometimes you'll speak in Japanese all of a sudden and she'll just response in Japanese too" Hyunjin said

"Well you can't blame me, I stayed there for quite a while and got no one to talk to in Korean" Heejin said

"Minju and the others visits in Japan often but I don't see you coming with them" Heejin said and Hyunjin looked at her.

"Why would I come with them?" Hyunjin asked

"To visit your grandma duh"

"I don't have a grandmother living in Japan" Hyunjin said and Heejin raise her eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean-"

"I'm not a Minatozaki, Heejin" Hyunjin confessed

"I'm not mama Tzu's daughter with mom Sana" she added

"I'm an illegitimate child"

Heejin is legit in shock at the information she just found out.

"Are you being serious, Hyun?" she asked

"Why would I even joke about it?" Hyunjin said and sat on a chair.

"Notice how I'm just months older than Minju and Jeongin" she said and realization hit Heejin like truck.

Hyunjin was born on November 15th while  Minju and Jeongin was born on February 5th (I'm using Minju's birthday).

"H-how?"

"Well my mama was in a relationship with my real mother, Chong Elkie. They broke up for some reasons and my mama met mom then mom got pregnant with Hyewon-unnie (Tzu is an intersex here). She had to go back to Taiwan and broke up with mom Sana without knowing that she's already pregnant with Hyewon-unnie. It happened that mama and my mother met again and got back together but mama realized that she still loves mom and go back here in Korea then found out that she has a child with mom then marry her. Mother gave birth to me and didn't let mama know coz she's afraid that she'll ruin their family. I lived in Taiwan for about 10 years until grandpa Chou found out about me and told mama about it. Mama and mother talked about it and mother agreed that mama will bring me here after she promised my mother that she'll take care of me" Hyunjin explained and Heejin is trying to grasp all the information she just heard.

"So yeah I'm half Taiwanese and half Hongkonger not half Taiwanese and half Japanese like my siblings" Hyunjin added

"Wow" Heejin said, she's speechless. So that's why she never got the chance to play with Hyunjin back then when they were kids.

Hyunjin chuckles and resume wiping the table while Heejin is still processing it all.

"So...." Heejin spoke after solid three minutes

"Where's your mother now?" she asked

"Hong Kong" Hyunjin answered

"You still talk to her?"

"Of course, she calls me everyday just to ask if I already eat my meals and how does my day goes" Hyunjin said with a smile

"You miss her?" Heejin asked

"Of course, I pay her a visit every three months though but I still miss her everyday" Hyunjin said and wash the cloth she's holding and hang it then dry her hands.

"Aunt Sana is so caring to you though......" the bunny said and the cat smile again.

"She is and I am very much thankful to her" Hyunjin said and wipe her sweat.

"You're lucky to have her as your second mother" Heejin said

"Definitely" they fell into silence but it isn't awkward, it's a comfortable silence and Heejin is still thinking about Hyunjin being Elkie's daughter and not Sana's. Sana treats her just how she treats the other kids and Heejin never thought about Hyunjin being an illegitimate child.

"We should go now" Hyunjin said and got her bag. Heejin followed and they make sure that the door is locked before they left.

The two decided to walk and not take the bus. They live in the same neighbourhood and it's just about 30 minutes walk.

"Stop thinking about it" Hyunjin said and walk backwards to face Heejin who was behind her but now facing her.

"You looks like you're having a diarrhea" she added and laugh at Heejin. The older girl groans and look at Hyunjin.

"Smile a little, you look prettier when you smile" Hyunjin said and turn around to walk normally again. Heejin feel her cheeks getting warm but shake it off.

She catched up with the latter who's humming a song while walking. She stare at the younger's beauty and examine every features of her face.

'She surely got aunt Tzuyu's visual' she thought

'Maybe she also got some from her birth mother but for me she resembles aunt Tzu the most'

"You want some waffles, rabbit?" Hyunjin asked and caught Heejin staring at her. Heejin quickly averted her eyes to somewhere else and just nod her head.

Hyunjin went to the street vendor and bought waffles for her and for Heejin. Her mouth waters as she watch the old lady put whipped cream on the waffle.

She quickly paid for it and hand the other waffle with strawberry whipped cream to Heejin. Heejin thanked her and they eat the waffle on their way home.

Heejin is not paying attention to where she's walking and trip on a rock. Thanks to Hyunjin's fast reflexes, she grab Heejin's back pack, preventing the smaller girl to hit the concrete.

"Pay attention, Heejin. You almost got hurt" Hyunjin said sternly and pull the girl up. Heejin stares at her for some seconds and nodded, looking down and just eat the waffle that she luckily didn't drop.

Hyunjin is eating her waffle while watching over Heejin, afraid that the girl will trip onto something again. She can't face Chaeyoung if she bring Heejin home with any scratch on her.

Heejin is aware of what the other girl is doing and became extra conscious on where she's gonna land her feet.

They reached Son's gate and Heejin thanked Hyunjin for bringing her to the cafe and for the food she gave.

"No problems" Hyunjin smiled

"Do you wanna come in or what?" Heejin asked

"As much as I want to, I'm afraid that my mom is already looking for me" Hyunjin said, glancing at her wrist watch that's saying that it's already 8:12PM and Sana might be going crazy right now as she didn't tell her that she's out with the bunny.

"Take care on your way home then" Heejin said and smile at Hyunjin.

"I will" Hyunjin said and wave her hand to Heejin before walking to her home.