29

Hyunjin's POV

"Let me run first guys" I said and look at my teammates.

"You run last, Chou" Yeoreum-unnie said

"Unnie, I have a fricking hangover. I can't do it" I said

"You can do it, Chou, we trust in you" no no no I can't.

"You can do it, bro. I'll kiss you if we win" Ryujin said

"It's better to lose then" I said and she slapped my arm.

"Let's get it, buddy" she said and went to the starting line.

I massage my temple and went to the side of the oval.

"You can do it, baby cat" Sunwoo appears beside me

"My head hurts so bad, Woo" I said and he hand me a bottle of water. I downed it in one gulp and he took the empty bottle from me then pat my back.

"I'll run with you" he said and smile.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I'll run with you so if you fall I'll be there to catch you. You know that I hate it when you get hurt, Jin" he said while looking at me.

"Promise?" I showed him my pinky finger

"Promise." he said and entangle his pinky finger with mine, sealing the promise. I'm glad that I met him. I'm lucky to have a bestfriend like him.

The relay race started, we heard a gunshot and we looked at Ryujin who's running with the other 3 contestants.

"GO BABY! YOU CAN DO IT!" Yeji cheered for her so we followed.

"GO BABY RYURYU!!!" Sunwoo shouted

"BABE! THAT'S MY BABY!!! GO MY YOO RYUJIN! I LOVE YOU!" I shouted and I heard laughter from the other students. Ryujin shoots heart to me while still running and Yeji just laugh at us.

Yeoreum-unnie now have the baton and Eunseo-unnie is next then me. Why do we have to represent the basketball team?

"Woah Yeoreum-unnie run so fast" I mumbled while Yeoreum-unnie pass the baton to Eunseo-unnie. Expected from our ace, she run so fast and surpass Jungeun-unnie who's a representative from swimming team.

I positioned myself in the line and wait for Eunseo-unnie. She's almost here and when she handed me the baton, I run the fastest I could. Please don't trip, Chou Hyunjin.

I look at my side and see Sunwoo running along with me, he's outside the oval while I'm in the lane 1. He smiled and throw some insults to me that awakened my inner competitive self which made me run faster.

I heard him chuckled and I smile. He never break his promise.

"GO BABY LOVES!!! CHOU HYUNJIN I LOVE YOU!!! GO YEOBO!!!" that's Ryujin

"CHOU HYUNJIN!!! MY HONEY BUNCH SUGAR PLUM PUMPY-UMPY-UMPKIN MY SWEETIE PIE CUPPYCAKE GUMDROP SNOOGUMS-BOOGUMS THE APPLE OF MY PRETTY EYES!!! YOU BETTER WIN THIS RACE YOU GAY HUMAN BEING OR ELSE I'M GONNA TURN YOU DOWN" Heejin shouted and whispers erupted from the crowd. She's embarrassing oh my god.

I look ahead of me even though I want to hide my face in embarrassment. Sunwoo made some teasing noises and I want to strangle him.

I run with all my might and celebrates when I got first place. I fell onto the ground and catch my breath. That was a hell of a run. I'll never do this again.

"Yaaaaaa Hyunjin-ah" I was lifted up from the ground by Eunseo-unnie like I was just a stuff toy.

"Unnie~" she run around while still carrying me. Imagine having this much of energy.

After some minutes, she let me go to go to her girlfriend. I was about to fall on my knees when someone grab me.

"You did great" he said and give me a piggy back ride to the bleachers.

"Hey! We won!" Ryujin shouted and run towards us with two medals in her hand. Sunwoo make me sit on the bench and Ryujin place the medal around my neck then she suddenly leans in.

"What the fuck Ryujin" I said and cover her mouth with my hand.

"Just a kiss, baby, come on" she said and I kicked her. The two of them laugh and a hand shove a water bottle in my face.

I took a hold of it and look at the person who gave it.

"Thanks, Heej, but you know you can give it nicely, right?" I said and handed it to Sunwoo to take the cap off coz I don't have the strength to do it. He handed it back to me and I finished it all.

"We'll leave you two there so you can have a baby time" Ryu said and the two of them look at me with teasing looks. I scoffed at them and they just laugh while running away.

"How did I do?" I asked and turn to Heejin who's sitting beside me.

"You did well" she then cupped my face and I look away. She use her handkerchief to wipe off my sweat and I can feel my face heating up.

I look at her and see her holding back a smile.

"You're blushing, Hyunjin" she said and smirks.

"I'm not" I said casually, but I know to myself that I'm indeed blushing.

She then wipe the beads of sweat on my philtrum and stare at my lips. I cleared my throat and smile.

"Why stare when you can kiss it, right?" I said

"As much as I want to do that... My little sister is watching and has a piercing glare at us and she'll surely tell mama Chae about this" she said and push me away a bit.

"I like you" I said out of the blue. I just feel like I needed to tell her that.

"I like you too" wait- This is- Something's wrong... My heart suddenly starts to beat faster and I can feel my cheeks getting warm again.

"Should we go to the cafe later?" she asked and I just nodded. I'm too lost for words right now.

"Cute" she mumbled and pecked the tip of my nose. Okay... My heart is about to burst now thanks to Son Heejin.