37

3rd person's POV

"You're being like this since last week, Hyun" Sooyoung said and look at the girl drinking next to her. Sooyoung is Hyunjin's drinking buddy since last week and the taller girl didn't ask about Hyunjin's problem, she wants her to tell her voluntarily and not forced.

"Unnie" Hyunjin called her

"Hmmm?" Sooyoung humms in reply

"Heejin and I broke up" Hyunjin said and Sooyoung turned her head to Hyunjin.

"Seriously?" Hyunjin nods and downed another drink.

"We were together for just like 3 months but it hurts as fuck" Sooyoung is just listening to her intently as she opens up.

"The pain she's giving me is more than the pain Kriesha gave me"

"Maybe because you love Heejin more than you loved Kriesha" Sooyoung said and asked the bartender for another bottle of alcohol.

"I guess you're right" Hyunjin sighs

"I'm leaving" she said

"You're running away again?" Sooyoung asked as she pour Hyunjin a drink.

"Yeah, that's the only thing I'm good with"

"Don't say that. You're gifted with so many things, Hyunjin" Sooyoung pats her back

"But why am I always not enough for people to choose me over Hyewon?"

"Hyewon? Your sister?"

Hyunjin nods, "Why do they always choose her over me?"

"What's wrong with me?" she asks

"There's nothing wrong with you. It's on them, baby cat" Sooyoung said

"If they can't see your worth then it's their loss" she added

"Now, I'm more afraid of falling in love" Hyunjin said

"It'll take time for you again, Hyunjin" Sooyoung said and the night went on with them drinking like there's no tomorrow.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"You're not coming?" Hyejoo sat on Heejin's bed

Heejin turn the other way and shook her head before putting the sheets over her.

"Unnie, it's the last time you'll be seeing her" Hyejoo said

"Just leave" Heejin said, her voice shaking

"Unnie, I'm just here whenever you need someone to talk to" Hyejoo said and give Heejin a quick hug before leaving.

"Fuck this" Heejin cries under the sheets. She can't even go to Hyunjin. She received a notification and she take a look at her phone.

Unknown number

sent an attachment.

hyunjin is finally leaving
try to go to her and ill hurt ur friends here

She grip on her phone and look at the picture of Hyunjin who looks like she's waiting for someone to come.

"I'm sorry" she whispered and sobs.

mon amour🐱💛

please don't leave, i love you|⌫
i love you|⌫
take care|⌫

She just threw her phone somewhere and hug her pillow tight. Hyunjin's leaving. She's leaving.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

How many years passed by? Four? Five? Ah yes five years. Heejin graduated in college in business course and now she's working at Chuson Corporation, the joint corporation of Chou and Son.

"Where are you?" Ryujin is talking to someone on the phone. They're at the airport, waiting for certain someone to arrive.

"Almost there"

"CHOU HYUNJIN! THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!" Ryujin shouted and run towards Hyunjin. Yeji just hide behind Yujin in embarrassment. Why is she even still in a relationship with her? Yeji asked that to herself.

Ryujin jumped to Hyunjin and wrap her arms and legs around the girl. Hyunjin let go of her suitcase and wrapped her arms around Ryujin's torso so she won't fall.

"You're so embarrassing" Hyunjin commented and laughs. Heejin stare at the girl's figure and smile a little. She's some changes in her and she became more like her mama Tzuyu.

"Unnie!!!" Yuna runs to her sister and Hyunjin quickly drop Ryujin for her baby sis.

"I missed you"

They all went to Hyunjin except for Heejin. She just stay where she's standing. Hyunjin's eyes met hers and the younger gave her a small smile that Heejin returned.

"Love" a girl linked her arm to Hyunjin's and Heejin's smile dropped.

"Right... She's engaged now" Heejin mumbled and forced a smile. They all went to Chou Mansion and Heejin is silent the whole time.

"Are you okay?" Sunwoo asked as he offer his hand to Heejin. Heejin gladly take it and get off of the vehicle.

"Yeah"

"You don't sound okay. We can just ditch the dinner" Sunwoo said and give Heejin a smile.

"We should just join, I know how much you miss Hyunjin" Heejin said and Sunwoo can only nod at the girl.

They enter the mansion and see the people close to Hyunjin there, welcoming her home.

"Unnie, wanna go somewhere?" Hyejoo asked when she noticed Heejin looking at Hyunjin and her fiancee's direction.

Heejin shake her head and let out a smile. For some reasons, Hyunjin's fiancee went to Sunwoo who is just next to Heejin. The two chat with each other and the girl diverted her attention to Heejin.

"She's one of Hyunjin's friends too" Sunwoo lied, she's more than just a friend to Hyunjin.

"Oh really? Hi I'm Julia Choi" the girl introduced herself and offer a handshake. Heejin shake her hand and smile.

"Son Heejin"

"How come Hyunjin never mentioned you? You guys seems pretty close based on the pictures I saw on her wall upstairs" Julia said and Heejin look at Sunwoo.

"I didn't?" a voice said and Hyunjin appear behind the girl.

"Yep, you mentioned all of your friends here but I never heard Heejin's name from you" Julia said

"I probably told you about her, you just forget it" Hyunjin said, still not looking at Heejin.

"Heejin!" Yeji is truly a lifesaver

"Yeji's calling me, I should go. Nice meeting you Julia-ssi" Heejin hurriedly make her way to Yeji and Minju.

Heejin's eyes are glossy and the two decided to bring Heejin upstairs to Minju's room. As soon as they reached the room, Heejin's tears started falling and Yeji pulled her in a hug.

"It hurts" she whispered and Yeji caress the back of her head as Minju rub her back. They never knew the reason of their break up but they know that Heejin still loves Hyunjin so much even though five years already passed.

"She's back... *toot* is gonna go crazy again" a person who's outside Chou Mansion said as they blow the cigarette smoke

--------------------
don't forget to stream and vote for PTT.