42

Hyunjin's POV

"Love" Jisu calls me as she plays with my fingers.

"Hmmm?" I humm as I keep my eyes on the TV. I'm sitting on the couch and she sitting in between my legs, her back pressing on my front.

"What's with you and Heejin?" she asked and I feel like someone just poured a cold water to me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked back. I don't know if it's a good idea to tell her the truth or not.

"You guys have something in the past, am I right?" she asked and looks at me.

"Hyunjin, you know that you can tell me everything, right?" she sighs and shifted her position so she can face me.

"Yes, we have a past" I said truthfully

"That's why you didn't mention her to me back in Taiwan?" I nodded

"Can you maybe tell me something about you guys? I won't get mad, I promise" she said and I let out a sigh.

"She's my first serious girlfriend" I started off

"We were together for 3 months and she helped me to overcome the traumas I had because of Kriesha but ended up making it worse. We broke up because she fell in love with someone else while we're still together"

"Oh no, love" she comforts me by caressing my cheeks gently.

"It's okay, I'm okay, it's on me, it's my fault" I said and she shakes her head.

"It's not" she said and I let out a soft chuckle.

"If I was just enough, she won't fall for someone else" back then, I said to myself that it's not my fault and it's Heejin's, but I've come to think that maybe it's mine coz she won't look for someone else if I'm already enough. Maybe I lack of something. I failed to make her stay in love with me.

And now, I'm confused why is she hurting. She always looks at me with longing eyes. She'll smile but I can see sadness in her eyes.

"I don't know what exactly happened, but I'm certain that it's not your fault though we can't blame Heejin either 'cause we can't control our feelings, right?" I nodded

"I don't know how you treated her back then but I'm sure that you treated her well coz you loved her, right? And being loved by you is the most beautiful thing ever" she smiled at me

"She must've had a reason, Hyunjin. Have you guys talked about it?" she asked and I shook my head.

"You guys should talk about it, it's been five years" she said

"I don't want to" I said

"Why?" she asked. Because I'm afraid to hurt you, Jisu. I don't want to hear any of her reasons coz I might come back to her and break all the promises I told you.

"You're scared that you'll hurt me?" she asked while displaying a smile on her face, but her smile doesn't seem like a happy smile it's rather a sad smile.

"Hyunjin, you know how much I love you, right?" she cups my face

"I'm willing to give you everything you wanted even if that means I'll have to lose you"

-

Heejin's POV

I'm walking home from work. I didn't bring my car today coz walking helps me to think though I've been feeling like someone's watching me since I stepped out of the corporation.

"Didn't I tell you not to walk alone?" a red haired girl appear beside me and I quickly recognize her.

"Who is it?" I asked her and she stares at me for a long time. Just like the last time, her face is covered by a mask and she's wearing a wig this time. Her left hand is inside her pocket.

"Hansol, Lee Hansol" she said and my lips parted, wanting to say something but don't know what to say at the same time.

All this time it's him?

"Are you teaming up with him?" I asked her

"No. He's keeping me like a fucking prisoner" she said, rage is evident in her voice.

"He's watching you right now so act casual. Act like you're talking to a friend. He's watching you for years now and memorized your actions so please cooperate so I won't get caught" she said

I'm having trust issues but still tried my best to act casually.

"Why is he doing this?" I asked

"He's fucking obsessed with you" she said

"He'll do everything to keep everyone away from you" I shivered

"Now that Hyunjin is back, I have to keep an eye on her to make sure he won't do anything to her"

"Do... Do you still like her?" I asked, I know it isn't the right time but I've been dying to ask her this question.

"I don't like her anymore. I learned how to let go, Heejin, and maybe you should to" she said, her eyes slightly curled into crescents.

"I can't. I just can't" I said and looks down.

"We followed her yesterday... She seems happy" she said

"Of course she's happy" I smile sadly

"We should hurry up, Hansol might call me later" she said and walked me home to my house.

"Just do what I told you, please don't walk or go out alone. It's for your own safety, Heejin" she said and walks away.

I forgot to thank her. I sighed and went inside our mansion. I stopped when I saw Hyunjin sitting on the couch.

"Heej!" Yeonhee pulled me towards them and I chose to sit far from Hyunjin.

I notice that Sunwoo is looking at me worriedly and I motioned him to just focus on Changmin-oppa. He and Haknyeon didn't last and he met Changmin-oppa again.

I saw Julia looking at me and she give me a smile, a genuine one. No wonder Hyunjin fell for her. She's a very sweet girl. I return the smile and Hyunjin is there by her side, watching our interaction.

Our eyes met for a second and both look away quickly.