20

3rd person's POV

It's now lunch time and the pageant? They won. The other contestants are so dumb that their answers to the Q and A portion is far from the point.

"I told you we'll win" Hyunjin said and chuckles. They're eating with the whole family.

"You guys did great, congratulations" they received congratulations from all of them and they continue eating.

"HYUNJIN-AH! YENA-SUNBAE! YUJIN-AH! RYUJIN-AH! COACH TOLD US TO GO TO THE BASKETBALL GIRL'S ROOM NOW!" their teammate yells across the cafeteria

"Oh" the four hurried and Hyunjin even almost choke.

"Ya ya ya slow down" Tzuyu said

"Go now, Hyun. I'll bring you food there, hmm?" Sana said and Hyunjin nods. She pecked her moms' cheeks before going.

-

"Ahh so the game is between each grade level?"

"Yes, then we'll choose players to play against other school this upcoming season" their coach said.

"We will see Hyunjin's competitive side again" Yena said and chuckles.

"We'll play against you, unnie. You better get ready" Hyunjin said and do some stretching.

Hyunjin's POV

I'm doing some stretching getting ready for the game, but my mind is still thinking about what happened while ago. Does Hyewon-unnie like Heejin?

Right after the announcement of us being the winners, we walked down the stage and Hyewon welcomed Heejin with a bouquet of flowers in her hands.

My eyebrows furrowed at the thought of my sister liking my crush. I don't want us to fight again, but I'm done giving way to her.

"What are you thinking about?" Ryujin asked

"Empty your thoughts for now, I don't want us to lose against the seniors" she added

I nodded and noticed that people are starting to gather here in the basketball court. I let out a sigh and sit on the rubberised floor.

I saw Heejin coming... she's with Hyewon-unnie. I hate seeing them together. Fuck this shit. She's my sister.

"Is it about her?" Ryujin sat beside me

"Are you finally going to admit that you like the 'bunny'?" she whispered

"Yes" I answered firmly

"I won the bet" she said and I look at her

"What bet?" I asked

"I made a bet with your boy bestie"

"Sunwoo?" she nodded

"What bet?"

"That you like Heejin"

I just chuckled. I've been denying it ever since, but I know to myself that the first time I saw her face, she already got my heart. Despite being drunk and all.

"What's your game plan?" she asked and we look at the seniors. Some of them are already playing since middle school and for sure we'll have a hard time playing against them.

"I don't know" I said and examine the players one by one.

"We'll get chosen anyways" I said and stand up.

"I love your confidence bestie" we both chuckled as I help her to got up. The game between freshmen and sophomores is going to start in 10 minutes and we went to the bench together with our teammates from the same year level.

"Water" Sunwoo suddenly sits beside me and gave me a bottle of water.

"Thanks" I drank the half of it then pass it to Ryujin who has a big teasing grin to Sunwoo.

"What's with the smile, Yoo?" he asked

"I won the bet" she said and Sunwoo look at me with wide eyes.

"I thought you said you don't like her????" he looks so betrayed oh my fucking god. Ryujin and I started laughing at him.

"I hope you choke" he said, Ryujin choked and grip on the water bottle tightly as she put the cap back on.

"F-fuc-fuck" she said between coughs and I pat her back several times.

"You motherfucker, no wonder you and Hyunjin are bestfriends" Ryujin said when she recovered. Sunwoo threw his arm over my shoulders and we gave her a smug smile.

"Oh it's starting" she said and we diverted our gaze to the players.

"Yujin is the acting captain of sophomores" Ryu said and look intently at her lil sis.

"YUJIN-UNNIE HWAITING!!!" we looked at the girl who shouted and it's Wonyoung, the tall girl that Yujin is courting, she's sitting beside Aunt Nayeon while her other friends are on her other side.

Yujin smile widely and position herself in the middle for the jump ball. Bet the sophomores will win. It's kinda obvious already.

"So what's your plan with Heejin?" Sunwoo whispered to me

"I don't know"

"You don't know???? What the fuck, Hyun?" he said

"Take a look at her" I said and look at Heejin's direction. He also look at her and stare at the view in the bleachers.

Heejin's busy conversing with my sister.

"D-does Hyewon-noona like her?" he asked me, I just look away and shrugged.

"If she does..... What are you going to do?" he asked and I told him the same answer to his question earlier, "I don't know"

"You're not gonna run away again, right?" he hold my hand

"I'm not going anywhere, Seonoo" I said

"But what if it happens again?" I looked at him

"I'll fight for my feelings..... I'm not giving away the girl this time" I said

"What if the girl don't choose you again?" is he doing this in purpose? I get it already. Kriesha didn't choose me.

"It's fine. She's worth the pain" I responded

"You're so stupid I swear to god" he groans and give me a pat on my head.

"I know right" Ryujin said, this bitch has been listening to our conversation???

"Don't worry well help you this time" she said and smile at me.

"Really?"

"Really"