43

3rd person's POV

"God, they're so awkward" Minju mumbled and they all look at the three.

They're watching some movie and the three happened to be sitting right next to each other with Lia at the middle. The girl is acting casually but the other two are the problem especially Heejin.

"You definitely need to talk to her, Hyun" Lia whispered to Hyunjin as she rest her head on the latter's shoulder. She felt Hyunjin's arm snake around her waist that send a smile on her face. Every little gestures that Hyunjin do makes her really happy.

"You hungry?" Hyunjin asked, changing the topic, not wanting to talk about it.

"Here you are again" Lia sighed

"Jisu" Hyunjin looks at her

"Hyunjin, you promised to give me all that I want, right?" Lia's voice raised a bit

"I did-"

"Now, I want you to talk to Heejin" Lia said firmly making Heejin slowly turn her head towards the married couple.

"I don't want to" Hyunjin said with equal firmness in her voice.

"Guys..." Ryujin tried to calm the two down but at the same time, she doesn't know what to do.

"Hyun... Honestly... I'm tired" Lia said and remove Hyunjin's arm on her.

"You love me yes... but you love Heejin more" there's a mix of pain and sadness in Lia's voice.

"You know it to yourself, Hyun" Lia's tears are starting to form and Hyunjin's hands move quickly to wipe it off when it started falling down.

The others just watch as the drama unfold. They wanted to help but the same time, they don't know what to do or what to say.

"Please don't cry" Hyunjin said and wipe her wife's tears away. Her heart breaks everytime she sees Lia being sad and it shatters everytime Lia cries.

"I told you I'm willing to let you go" Lia said

"I don't want you to let me go" Hyunjin said

"Hyunjin, I don't understand you, I can't understand you" Lia said while looking at Hyunjin with confused expression.

"I'll talk to her, okay, but in the end of the day, I will still go home to you" Hyunjin said

"What... Why..."

"I'll ask Woo to drive you home, okay? Wait for me there" Hyunjin said and planted a kiss on her other half's forehead.

She then turned to Heejin and sigh before saying, "Let's talk".

Heejin stands up and Hyunjin turns to Sunwoo, "Bro, please take Jisu home safely"

"Will do, buddy" the boy smiled at her.

"Thanks" Hyunjin turned to Heejin, "Follow me"

-

"Why do you think Hyunjin doesn't want me to let her go?" Lia asked in the middle of the ride to her and Hyunjin's house.

"To be honest, I really don't know, Jisu. No one knows what's going on inside her head" Sunwoo said and glance at Lia through the mirror.

"Do you think she really loves me or she just really wanted to fulfill grandpa Chou's wish?" she asked another question

"Maybe in the start it's the latter but now, I know that she genuinely loves you. She wouldn't stay if she doesn't"

Lia can just only sigh and wait for them to reach home.

-

"Can... Fuck this" Hyunjin cursed and sit on one of the couches in the theater room.

"I want you to answer my questions truthfully" she said

"Did I do something wrong, Heejin? Where did I go wrong?" Hyunjin asked

"You did nothing wrong" Heejin said

"Then why? Maybe this person is better than me"

"How can someone be better than you when you're already the best?" Heejin said as her eyes are getting glossy.

"Then why? Just why? Why, Heejin? Why did we have to get through those times? Why did I have to go through something like that?"

"You think you're the only one who fucking suffered? I suffered too, Hyunjin, and up until now I'm still suffering because of a reason that I can't even fucking tell anyone" Heejin lashed out

"Why? Why can't you tell me the reason?!" Hyunjin raised her voice, she's already frustrated.

"Because I don't want you to get hurt!" Heejin exclaimed

"You already hurted me-" Hyunjin was quickly cutted off

"It's not like that, Hyunjin" Heejin said

"Then fucking tell me"

"I told you I can't!"

"Goddammit" Hyunjin cursed again

"Heejin... I want to be at peace already. I don't want my wife to be upset so please let's not hide anything from each other" Hyunjin said

"I can't tell you" Heejin said and her tears started pouring down.

Hyunjin wanted to wipe those tears away but no, she won't touch another woman except her wife so she just said, "Don't cry"

"I'm fucking tired, Hyunjin" Heejin sits on the floor and wipe her own tears.

"There's another reason, right?" Hyunjin asked, she feels like Heejin is lying, it feels like the excuse that she fell in love with another person is just fake.

"Did you really fall for another person or what?"

"I... I didn't... It's only you since then" Heejin answered and Hyunjin shuts her eyes.

There was a long silence and Heejin slowly lifts up her gaze to the girl sitting on the couch.

Their eyes met and Hyunjin lets out a heavy sigh.

"What's the real reason?" she asked as calmly as she can.

"I can't tell you" Heejin said and Hyunjin runs her fingers to her hair. It's stressing her out.

"Just tell me already. What time is it already? I still have to go home to my wife" Hyunjin said

"That's why I can't tell you. Because I want you to go home to Julia safely" Heejin said

Hyunjin went silent again and it seems like she's connecting all the dots now. Her eyes are shaking as she diverted her gaze back to Heejin.

"Is it about-" Heejin got a hint of what she's trying to say and quickly cut her off.

"Just go home."

"Heejin, about the presents-" once again Heejin cut her off, "Yeah, I know I forgot to buy you a wedding gift. I'll get you one next week promise"

"Why do you keep-"

Heejin raised her index finger and put it against her lips then points her ear.

'Someone's listening?' Hyunjin thought and finally shut up.

'It didn't stop? I thought it did. What the hell.'