18

Hyunjin's POV

After one week of training, the sports festival finally came and we're all gathered at the field to listen to this nonsense program. Can we just go and play already???

My eyes search for Heejin and I saw her beside Hansol. She seems uncomfortable. I raised my hand and wave to catch her attention. She look at me and I smiled at her.

"Goodluck" I mouthed and she finally smile.

"Goodluck to you too" she mouthed back and smile before bringing her attention back to the speaker. I don't really watch pageants, but I'll make sure to watch to support Heejin.

--------------------

"Wait! What do you mean I'll be Heejin's partner?" I look at Yena

"Hansol got a diarrhea" what????

"Come, Hyunjinnie, just change, the pageant is about to start in 5" Soul-unnie said

"Is this your plan, Yena-unnie?" she avoids eye contact with me and chuckles nervously.

Fucking hell.

------------------

3rd person's POV

"Where the heck is Lee Hansol?" Heejin mumbled, she's wearing a dress and they're already lined up to walk on the stage but her partner is missing.

"Ms Son? Is Mr Lee still not here?" a staff asked and Heejin responded.

"Sorry but we have to start the program now even without him" the staff bowed and the music started playing.

Heejin cursed Hansol in her head as she look at the contestants from our grade level and section walk to the stage and introduce themselves.

"Now" the staff gestured Heejin to walk so she did. She was welcomed by a loud applause and cheers from the audiences.

"Hyun?" she saw Hyunjin climbing up to the stage, wearing a trouser, plain white polo with a coat over it.

She looked fierce as she walk towards the center where Heejin is standing. She looks like she's not in the mood, but the moment her eyes met Heejin's, her face lit up as her lips curled into a smile.

Heejin got lost in the girl's smile and the loud cheers from the audiences brought her back to reality. Hyunjin grab her hand and interwine it with hers and started walking to the front.

She did some pose and a staff gave the mic to Heejin.

"Son Heejin, 20, from Class 11-B" she introduced herself with grace that made the crowd scream again. She handed the mic to Hyunjin and stare at the younger with a smile on her face.

"Chou Hyunjin, 20, from Class 11-B" Hyunjin said with no expression at all but still earned cheers especially from her so called fangirls. She's known for that expressionless face and a lot of people actually find it attractive and it became her charm.

She posed for one last time before walking back to the backstage with Hyunjin holding Heejin by the waist.

"What was that, Hyunnie?" Heejin asked as soon as they reached the backstage.

"Hansol got a diarrhea that's why he can't compete anymore" Hyunjin answered and remove her hand from Heejin's waist.

"She'll replace him for the rest of the pageant" they turned to the owner of the voice and see their homeroom teacher, Mr Kim with Yena, Ryujin, Yujin, Yeonhee and Sunwoo behind him.

"We're not fucking done you motherfuckers" Hyunjin said, clearly pissed that made the five gulp.

"Let's go and change, Heekki" she softly drags Heejin to their changing room.

It's all Yena's plan. She left an expired drink inside the waiting room, expecting Hansol to drink it which he did. It's actually stupid coz what if Heejin was the one who drank it?

Hyunjin sighs and enter the room. The duck brought clothes and even a make up artist and hair stylist with her.

-

"Is that really our Hyunjin?" Sana asked and blink a few times. All of them are confused about why Hyunjin is there. Sana and Tzuyu went to their children's school to support each one to their games, but didn't expect to see their second child walking like a model on the stage.

"When the fuck did she get interested in pageants?" Minju asked. She joined a pageant thrice and she had to beg Hyunjin to come coz the older don't really enjoy pageant coz she said it's boring, but now she's seeing her introduce herself as their class's representative.

"WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO THAT'S MY SISTER! GO OFF SIS!" Jeongin shouts with the crowd and of course the others followed, even Tzuyu.

-

They're currently waiting in the changing room and Hyunjin is staring right into Yena's soul. Yena wanted to disappear right now as she can feel Hyunjin's piercing glare.

"Hey are you sure you memorised the choreo?" Heejin asked once again

"I watch your every practice, bunny. And trust me I know it better than you do" Hyunjin said. There's this couple dance and of course it's the representatives. Hyunjin had watch enough of their practice that she memorised all of it.

"Nervous?" Hyunjin asked when she noticed that Heejin is moving her legs up and down while fumbling with the fabric of her dress.

The bunny nodded and Hyunjin held her hand. She draw random shapes on Heejin's palm and it unexpectedly made Heejin calm.

"Don't be, coz you're the most beautiful candidate, Heejin. I know you can beat them in every category" Hyunjin said and smile.

"And besides I'm your partner, Heej. We'll surely win"

Heejin knows that Hyunjin can actually win but she chose to scoff and hide her smile.

"If we win, you have to take me on a date" she said and Hyunjin looks at her.

"Even if we lose I would still take you out on a date, Heejin" she mumbled, almost inaudible that she's the only one who heard it.