40

3rd person's POV

'How dare she use our theme song as their wedding theme song? How dare she use my favorite color as the wedding theme? How dare she arrange their wedding the way I want our wedding to be?'

Heejin held in her tears as she watch the only woman she loves getting married to a woman that's not her.

Sunwoo make sure to stay right beside Heejin and hold her hand to tell her that he's just there for her. Heejin's grip on his hand tightens and Sunwoo rubs her back.

"Do you, Chou Hyunjin, take Choi Jisu to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love, to honor and to cherish?" the pastor asked

Hyunjin took a glance at Heejin and their eyes met, there's longing in Hyunjin's eyes, she quickly looks away and answer, "I do"

Heejin's tears started pouring down and that didn't escape Hyunjin's eyes. She wanted to run to her and wipe those tears away, but she can't.

Sunwoo hugged Heejin and try to comfort her. The ceremony goes on and Heejin burry her face to Sunwoo's chest when she heard the pastor said, "You may now kiss"

"Take me away from here please" Heejin's voice is shaky, Sunwoo nods and bring her somewhere.

-----

"Is there something wrong?" Lia asked and Hyunjin shakes her head.

"Just tired" Hyunjin said and her voice is cold than the usual. The wedding ceremony is done and they're at the wedding reception. They just finished welcoming the guests and Hyunjin is feeling so drained right now.

Hyunjin stare at the ring in her hand and heavily sigh. Hyewon looks at the newly wedded couple and notice the difference between the two. Julia is smiling so wide while Hyunjin's smile is forced.

She decided to talk to her sister and bring her somewhere secluded.

"Are you okay?" she asks

"Yes" Hyunjin answered

"Are you happy?"

"Yes" Hyunjin said plainly

"Wow I can feel your happiness" Hyewon said sarcastically

"What do you want?" Hyunjin asked

"Hyunjin, tell me the truth" Hyewon's expression went serious

"Do you love Lia?" Hyewon asked

"I do" Hyunjin's answer is firm and Hyewon can tell that she's saying the truth. Hyunjin do love Julia. But why does it seems odd?

Everytime she looks at Hyunjin, she looks like she's been forced and don't look genuinely happy.

"Fine. Let's go back there, your wife must be waiting for you" Hyewon said and the two went back there.

Heejin walk in the reception area, she have to show up there. Their families are close and they have a joint corporation. Businessmen and businesswomen from other companies, groups and corporations are there, Heejin have to at least show her face there.

"Heej! Woo!" Jiwoo called the two and the two went to there. Sooyoung let Heejin sit on her chair and the girls give Heejin a pat on her back.

"We're just here, okay?" Haseul said and give Heejin a smile.

Hyunjin walked Hyewon back to her table and once again, her gaze met Heejin's. She noticed how puffy and red the latter's eyes are.

"I'm sorry" that's all she can say to Heejin right now. Heejin wants to cry again, Hyunjin is looking at her the same way she did before, she wants to cry.

"Please don't cry" Hyunjin said and quickly excuse herself when Julia called her.

Jiwoo put her hand on Heejin's and give the girl a comforting smile.

-----

It's night time already and Hyunjin sighs for the nth time that day.

"Love" Hyunjin turns around and see Lia with only a robe. Hyunjin doesn't know what to feel. She knows it normal for newly wed couple but somehow, it kinda feels wrong.

She never touched Lia nor never think of her that way and they never sleep in the same bed.

Lia makes her way to Hyunjin and kneel in between her legs. Her hands went to Hyunjin's nape and pull her into a kiss. Hyunjin responded to the kiss yet she still feel like it's wrong. She lifted her hands to put it on Lia's waist but she stopped midway leaving her hands hanging in the air.

The hotel room suddenly feels suffocating. Lia's touches feels so wrong.

'What's wrong with me?', Hyunjin thought

"Jisu-yah" she cupped the girl's face to stop her

"I-I don't think I'm ready for this" Hyunjin said and disappointment is evident in Lia's face.

"I'm sorry" Hyunjin apologized before leaving her wife there. Buttoning her polo, she get in the elevator and she found herself at the rooftop.

Just like at the cliff, she found Heejin again. The wind is hitting her face making her hair flow freely.

"You're here" Hyunjin said and Heejin turn her head to the taller girl.

"What are you doing here? You're supposed to be with your wife. It's your first night of being married you know" Heejin's heart hurts as she say those words, the pain doubled when she saw red lipstick marks on the girl's neck and white polo. Hyunjin stay silent and just stare at Heejin.

"Do want to hurt me that bad that you make your wedding just like our dream wedding?"

"No, I never wanted to hurt you"

"Then why?"

"That's the only way I can imagine that you're the one I'm getting married to"

Heejin fell silent for a moment when Hyunjin said that.

"I thought... I thought you love her?" Heejin asked, completely dumbfounded.

"I do. But it's still you that I wanna marry" Hyunjin said

"You messed me up so bad but you're still the one I want" she said while looking straight at Heejin's eyes.

"It feels so wrong when I'm with her but now that I'm with you, I feel at peace"

"But now, we can't have what we want anymore. I'm still itching for answers to my questions but I don't think I want to hear it. I don't want to understand your side coz the moment I do, I might leave Jisu for you and I don't want to do that"