38

3rd person's POV

"See you tomorrow, okay? Love you" Julia pecked Hyunjin's lips and the latter was taken aback.

"Hyun, we've been together for almost three years now and you're still surprised whenever I kiss you or even hug you" Julia said

"Mian. Take care, okay? Message me when you arrived home" Hyunjin pat her head and watch as Lia enter the car that her parents sent there.

"Byeeee"

Hyunjin wave her hand and sigh when she left.

"What was that?"

"You fucking scared me" Hyunjin clutch her chest. Ryujin tossed a can of beer to her and Hyunjin easily catch it.

"Three years?" Sunwoo asked as they walk to the backyard.

"Yeah" Hyunjin said and open the can of beer.

"But you only told us last week" Ryujin said

"Sorry" Hyunjin apologized

"Why?" Sunwoo asked

"What do you mean?" Hyunjin looks at him

"I thought... Nothing never mind" he said

"Why did you agree? Even aunt Tzu and aunt Sana are against it" Ryujin said

"It's grandpa's last wish" Hyunjin said and the two sighed.

"How about Heejin?" Sunwoo asked

"What about her?" Hyunjin answer his question with a question.

"You don't love her anymore?" he asked

"Come on, it has been five years" Hyunjin chuckles

Sunwoo and Ryujin feels bad for Heejin.

"When's the wedding?" Ryujin asked

"Next month" Hyunjin said and sits on the hammock.

"You're not planning on backing out?" Sunwoo asked

"Why would I plan to back out?" Hyunjin chuckles again

"Lia's nice, she takes care of me very well and she loves me so much, she's a wife material y'all" Hyunjin said and drink her beer.

"Are you really sure about her?" Ryujin asked

Hyunjin chuckles, "Why does it sounds like you guys don't want her for me?"

"It's not like that, Hyun. We just want to make sure that you're certain of Julia before you guys settle down" Sunwoo said

"I know and yeah..... I'm... certain of her" Hyunjin said and a memory flashed in her head.

"I love you"

"In this world of ambiguity, be my certainty."

"I love you too, Hyun and yes I'll be your certainty"

Hyunjin shakes her head and downed the can of beer. Who is she fooling? She knows to herself that there's only one time she became certain and it didn't go well. She's certain of someone but she ended up getting hurt because her certainty fell for someone else.

"I can't believe that I fucked up so many times in my life" Hyunjin said and chuckles to her own stupidity.

"Same here" Sunwoo said and sit on the hammock too.

"At least those taught us lessons, right?" Ryujin said and join the two.

"Right" Hyunjin said and put her arms around the two.

"Let's go for a road trip tomorrow" she said

"Why? You missed us so bad?" Ryujin teased and Hyunjin push her off the hammock making Sunwoo laugh.

"You dummies" Ryujin gets up and started chasing the two.

-----

Heejin is walking to their house alone while looking down her feet. She's the one who let Hyunjin go and now she's suffering from the pain.

A hand pulled her and she's about to scream when a hand covered her mouth. She squirm around the girl's hold and stilled when she saw a man walking with a knife?

"Shh" the woman behind her told her to shush as they hide.

Time passed by and they're still not going out of their hiding spot. She look at the woman behind her and the woman's face is covered with a mask.

Heejin furrowed her eyebrows, she seems familiar. She's certain that she already saw her somewhere.

Heejin's eyes widened in realization and the woman suddenly pulled her further to the alley.

"Fuck. Where is she?" Heejin saw the shadow of the man who was holding a knife. He's wearing all black and just like the woman, his face is covered with a mask.

The shadow left and when they're sure that he's gone, they went out of their hiding place and the woman pulls her to Son's mansion. The guard greeted Heejin and the woman is now sure that Heejin's safe there.

She's about to leave when Heejin grab the sleeve of her black hoodie.

"Wait, Kriesha" Heejin said

"Don't go anywhere alone. Always look around you. Be careful, Heejin" Kriesha said before running away.

Heejin was there, dumbfounded. What just happened? She wonders what would happen to her if Kriesha didn't hide her. And who's that fucking man?

Heejin just stood there and recalls what happened. She decided to go inside and make a cup of coffee for herself.

She remembered when Kriesha grab her, she noticed something, Kriesha's fingers in her left hand are just two, the middle finger , the ring finger and the pinky finger are missing, there's only the thumb and index.

Her phone dings and she decided to open it.

Unknown number

annyeong

She suddenly feel alone in the house and it makes her paranoid. It stopped 5 years ago... Why is it happening again? She almost threw her phone away as her traumas from what happened is coming back slowly.

She quickly dials Hyejoo's number and asked her to come home but not alone. Not even half an hour passed, Hyejoo came with Jungeun and see Heejin who looks like she's hyperventilating.

"Heej" Jungeun immediately went to the girl and help her to calm down.

"Unnie, what happened?" Hyejoo asked and looks at Heejin. The older didn't answer and just hug Jungeun and cry.

The two shut up and thought that it is about Hyunjin. They tried their best to comfort her and keep her company that night.

"He's fucking crazy" Kriesha mumbled and proceed to eat cup noodles inside the convenience store.

"I'm glad I came the right time" she added and look at her left hand. The thing that reminds her everyday of her stupidity.

"Fucking asshole" she cursed and continue eating. She feels bad for both Hyunjin and Heejin, but she can't do anything to stop him. He's fucking crazy. A jerk who's crazy for Heejin and a jerk who's also sick in the head.

"I swear to god, one day, I'm gonna fucking kill you, Lee Hansol"