41

Hyunjin's POV

How did we turn into this? Simple. We made a choice. She chose to let me go and I chose to be a good granddaughter and fulfill my grandfather's wish before he died.

Do I regret letting her go that easy? Yes. I know I could've done something more but I was afraid. The moment she told me she's in love with another person, all the fears I had came back to me. I thought she won't be like Kriesha but she ended up being like her too.

Am I happy? I am. I'm happy but I don't know how to express it. Since then, I started showing less expression to hide my true emotions so people can't hurt me.

Do I love Jisu? Yes. I love her. But I know to myself that I love someone more than her. She deserves more than what am I giving to her but she said it's okay as long as she can hold me.

Do I deserve her? No. I don't. She's a sweetheart. She loves me with her whole and I can't give her the same amount of love she's giving me. For the past three years of being with her, she did nothing but to care for me and to love me and I feel bad about it. I know that I can never love her the same way she loves me.

"Love" I snapped back into reality as she calls me. She gave me a loving smile and put the food she cooked on the table.

"It looks delicious" I said and look at the omelette she made for me. I know it's a simple dish but I also know that she made it with so much love.

"You need to eat a lot, it's your first day of work, you know?" she said and fill up my plate with so much food. She looks at me like I'm the most precious thing in the world and I can just smile at her. I can never hurt this woman.

"What do you want to eat later at lunch?" she asked me, I haven't even started eating yet she's already asking me about lunch.

"Tteokbokki" I answered

"I'll cook tteokbokki then. I'll bring it to the corp later at lunchtime" she's so sweet

"And I'll make sure to bring extra for your workmates. I noticed that Ryujin and Sunwoo eats a lot" she said and I let out another smile.

She cares for me and for the people around me, the people close to me. She can't be more perfect.

"You have something on the side of your lips, love" she said and wipe it away using a table napkin.

We ate breakfast together and she walked me to the parking space in front of our house. She fixed my tie and pats my shoulders to dust off my work outfit.

"Good luck to your first day of work, love. I know you'll do great" she said dearly and hugs me.

"Thank you, Jisu-yah" I said and caress her back. She broke the hug after some minutes and smile at me.

"You should go now, you don't wanna be late" she said and pecked my lips.

"I'll be home at 5" I said

"You can go and hangout with your friends after work, love. I'm fine here don't worry" she said

"I can just bring them here" I said and open the door of my car.

"That's a great idea. Message me what's their favorites so I can cook for them" she's so sweet, what do I do?

"Will do, Mrs Chou" I said and gets in. She waved her hand at me and I wave back before driving off.

-

3rd person's POV

Hyunjin reached the corporation and enter the building. The employees greeted her and she politely greeted back to each of them.

Hyunjin reached 12th floor and was welcomed by claps from her friends/workmates.

"After 5 fucking years" Hyunjin turned to the person and smile.

"Aeriiii" they hugged each other

"How are you girl? I'm sorry I couldn't attend to your wedding last week" Aeri said

"I'm good, no worries I know how busy you guys are" Hyunjin said and they chat for a while before Hyunjin went to her designated space which happened to be just next to Heejin's.

"Good morning" Hyunjin greeted Heejin

"Morning" Heejin greeted back with a tired tone.

That's the only time they spoke to each other until the lunchtime came.

"Hyunjin-ah, Lia's here" Ryujin informed the girl who's typing something in her desktop computer.

"Love!" Lia walks to her with a smile, her eyes turning to crescents.

"Jisu-yah" Hyunjin smiled too and get the things Lia is holding.

"You should've called so I fetched you at the lobby"

"It's fine, love"

"Guys, Lia brought lunch for us" Hyunjin said and they started gathering around the table.

They started eating all together after thanking Lia. Ryujin noticed that Heejin is feeling kinda awkward so she nudges her and gestured her to come with her.

The two went to the rooftop with a bowl of tteokbokki in their hands.

"Are you okay?" Ryujin asked even though she knows that Heejin's not okay.

"I'm trying to" Heejin replied and swallow the food that Hyunjin's wife prepared for them.

"Heej, I just want you to know that I'm here for you. You can call me anytime when you need someone. I'll listen to you so don't keep it all to yourself. You have me, you have us, we're a family, unnie." Ryujin said in a serious and sincere tone.

"I know that I goof around everytime but hey, I can give some advices too" Ryujin smiled at her.

"Thanks, Ryu" Heejin showed Ryujin a small smile.

"I really really want to tell you everything, but I'm scared that you'll get hurt" Heejin said that made Ryujin confused.

"What do you mean, Heej?" Ryujin asked with her eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Nothing, just forget what I said" Heejin said and continue eating the tteokbokki.