27

3rd person's POV

Sunwoo successfully reached Hyunjin's room and lay the younger down on the soft mattress. He put a blanket over her and he made sure that the AC is on coz Hyunjin sweats a lot and she can't sleep comfortably if the AC is not on.

"I'll go now, hmm? Good night sweet dreams, Hyun" he said to her

"Stay" Hyunjin said and grab his hand.

"What?" Sunwoo asked

"You deaf? I said stay" Hyunjin said

"What am I? A dog? Sleep now, I'm going" Sunwoo said, but Hyunjin grip his hand tighter.

"Please? I don't wanna be alone tonight, it make me sadder than I already am" Hyunjin look at him with those eyes and he already know that he lose.

"Alright" he sat on Hyunjin's bed

"I'm gonna call Ryujin first to tell her that I'm staying" he stated and Hyunjin just nod.

He dialed Ryujin's number and the girl picked it up after 5 rings.

"What took you long to answer it?" he asked

"Shut up. Why are you calling me? We're just like in one area" Ryujin said in the other line

"Hyunjin wants me to stay. I'm sorry I can't walk you home"

"Why are you apologizing? My house is just two houses away from here... She asked you to stay so you did? You're hopeless bro" Ryujin said

"Anyways although I don't even need to say this, but please take care if the cat"

"You know I will"

"Yeah, I definitely know that. I'mma go now, oppa"

"Take care, Ryu. Send me a text when you get home"

"Just what I said, my house is just two houses away, Woo"

"But still"

"Yeah yeah goodbye" Ryujin hung up and Sunwoo look at girl who's already sleeping.

"She's right, I'm hopeless" Sunwoo whispered and remove the strands of hair that's on Hyunjin's face.

"I like you, Hyunjinnie" he said with a sincere smile. He's only brave when he's talking to a drunk and sleeping Hyunjin.

"I'm sorry I broke our one and only rule"

"Let's promise not to fall for each other" 15 year old Hyunjin said out of the blue.

"Suddenly?" 14 year old Ryujin asked

"Friendships last when there's no feelings involved so let's make it a rule that do not fall for each other. Let's promise not to fall for each other" Hyunjin said

"Promise?" Hyunjin raise the soda she's drinking

"Okay, I promise" 15 year old Sunwoo said and raise his can of soda too just like what Hyunjin did.

"Whatever. As if I'll fall for you guys" Ryujin said and followed what the olders did.

"She's the first one to fall though" Sunwoo mumbled and chuckles.

"Cheers for our friendship, stupids"

The three of them were friends since grade school. Sunwoo and Ryujin was always there for Hyunjin since day one. Their classmates back in grade school used to bully Hyunjin a lot for having a different mother from her siblings.

They would always defend her and they thought her how to stand on her own and defend herself from those bullies.

Sunwoo can still remember the first time he met Hyunjin.

"YAAAAAAAA" a high pitched shout echoed in the building near their classroom.

"What do you guys think you're doing?!" 10 year old Sunwoo marched towards his classmates and look at the girl crying while hugging her knees.

"It's none of your business!" one of them retorted

"Hey are you okay? Did they hurt you?" Sunwoo asked with a gentle tone, he's afraid that he'll make the girl cry more.

"Kim Sunwoo, leave this building if you don't want us to make you cry too" a chubby boy that seems their leader, said.

"Why did you make her cry?" he asked

"We didn't do anything" one of them answered

"We just told her that she's an illegitimate child and that she's a daughter of a mistress"

"My mom is not a mistress!" Hyunjin shouted and receive a smack on her head from the chubby boy.

"Ya! You don't do that to girls!" Sunwoo said and stood up in front of Hyunjin, shielding her.

"Oh really? Says who?"

"Says my dad! He said that you should treat every person with kindness" Sunwoo said, even though he's feeling scared. The boy in front of him is two times bigger than him and he can knock him out anytime.

"I don't care about your dad" the boy pushed Sunwoo and pour a water on Hyunjin.

"Fuck" that was the first time Sunwoo cursed.

He got up from the tiled floor and launch a punch to the boy's chubby cheeks. He didn't expect himself to do such an action and it was all because he's trying to defend his classmates who just transferred this week.

"I'll tell you to my dad!" the boy started crying and run away together with his friends.

"Crybaby" Sunwoo mumbled and look at Hyunjin.

"Oh my god you're uniform!"

Hyunjin's uniform is now drenched thanks to the bullies.

"Here" Sunwoo started unbuttoning his polo shirt, taking it off leaving him with a white plain shirt.

"You can borrow this for now" he said with a smile. Hyunjin just stare at him and the polo that he's handing her.

"Don't worry I take a shower regularly! And I don't smell" he said and take Hyunjin's hand, helping her to get up. He gave the polo to her and told her to get inside the girl's bathroom so she can change.

He waited for her outside while checking his wound from earlier. The chubby boy pushed him hard and he had a wound on his elbow.

He quickly stand up when he heard the bathroom door opened, revealing Hyunjin who have tried tears on her cheeks. Sunwoo handed her his handkerchief and treat her croissant so won't cry anymore.

That day, their friendship start.

"We've been friends for almost ten years now... And I like you for 3 years now" he said and panicked when Hyunjin suddenly moved.

'Shit' he thought

"Croissant..." she mumbled in her sleep.

"Phew" he let out a sigh of relief.

"I like you, but I'll help you get the girl you like, Aeongie. I promise that"