Save Her - Part Three | Eren x (Injured) Reader

Prompt- Part three of Save Her | Eren x (Injured) Reader

The sound of wheels flooded the dungeon but Eren could tell they were coming closer. He heard them roll steadily until they were around the corner from him. He sucked in a breath as he saw you in a wheelchair, the action he was previously doing forgotten as he rush forward and pressed himself to the cells bars.

"Y/n! Are you okay? I'm so sorry, I-I didn't mean it- I swear."

"Eren's it's okay. I forgive you."

He took a glance at your appearance and cringed, the look haunting him because he knew he caused it. You sat in the wheelchair, a hospital gown covering you though he could barely see the leg brace underneath. Your left foot was wrapped and had a splint on it; a IV was stuck into your arm and you had a mini ventilator beside it, a small mask covering your mouth and nose to help you breathe. Your skin was more bruised than not, scratches leaving not a consecutive inch of skin untouched. Eren sucked in a breathe before you spoke, shocked by the sound. It was scratched, as if you had smoke six packs of cigarettes a day for 50 years. He noticed then too the stitches on your neck, in a small hole between the collarbones. As if sensing what he was eying you clarified, doing your best to pronounce your words with your tattered vocal cords.

"They h-had to drain the blood."

Surgery. He knew you needed it but still. They had to operate extensively on you to repair the damage he had done. Eren's lip quivered, his eyes threatening to become overrun by tears.

"Oh no, don't cry..." you tried to move the wheelchair forward with the wheel, though your arms too weak. "Please take me to him." you asked the assistant behind you.

"I don't think that's such a good idea 'mam, he is the reason why your... y'know."

"Oh hush. He didn't mean it then and he won't do it now. Now move me damnit."

The assistant didn't respond and instead pushed you forward, your hands gripping the bars like Eren's. He dropped to his knees, reaching though and putting his hands on your cheeks. You smiled at him, reaching though and putting yours on his face as well. That was when you noticed the nearly dried blood at the corner of his mouth.

"Your bleeding?"

"Oh yeah, forget about that."

"What happened?" you asked as he used one hand to wipe it off, then you noticed it was also on his hand... along with bite marks. "...Eren? Why?"

"I hurt you. I didn't want you but I did. I deserve this. I deserve much worse." he wept, tears dripping down his face and onto your hands.

You took his hand and pulled it through the bars, inspecting the wounds, noticing there was no steam.

"Eren start healing yourself. Right now."

As soon as you finished the words steam started coming from the injuries on his hands, a sigh escaping you. Your brought his hand to your lips, kissing them gently before releasing them and putting your hand back on Eren's cheek.

"I should be doing that to you." he commented glumly.

"You'll have plenty of time for that when you get out. For now, focus on yourself."

"I'll make this right one day. I mean it. I'll prove to you how sorry I am."

"I know."

You closed your eyes, leaning into his touch.

In the months that followed, after Levi, Hange, and Erwin made sure he was kept in their custody, Eren was by your side; constantly waiting on you and doing anything and everything without so much as a sigh. He was there when you needed him and when you didn't, ready to practically serve you. He was there when you got your ventilator removed. He was there when they offered the idea of physical therapy. He was there when you stumbled and almost fell during said session. He was there. Big and small things- every thing. He was there when you weren't strong enough to bathe yourself, washing you tenderly while being careful not to cross boundaries and make sure you were comfortable. He was there when they finally gave your crutches. He was there when you were able to go the night without needing respiratory help. He was there when you took your first steps without assistance. He was there for your first jump- as small as it might of been- he was there.

He didn't mind it, actually he was grateful. He had been the cause of your pain but now he was able to support you and help mend what he broke. He was thankful for your trust and never once thought of abusing or taking advantage of that. He knew he was unworthy but still, he tried his best to be worthy of it. He did his best to be worthy of you.

And he succeeded, you saying yes to spend the rest of your life with him. He was worthy, but that didn't stop him from trying to prove himself every day. Treating you like a queen and worshiping you in more ways than you ever thought possible. What a happy life it was.

a/n- i'm so sorry for not posting yesterday, some stuff happened sunday night and so i was too overwhelmed. i'm sorry. i hope your all doing well<3

do you prefer sports or the arts?
[i personally am not athletic so the arts for me lol]

your doing great darling<3