F O R T Y S E V E N

The flight back was long and exhausting. But I'm beyond relieved to get out of such a toxic environment and to be back home.

The cab pulls up outside our house, and my dad jumps out, grabbing our luggage from the trunk. I pick up the remaining bags and head inside with him.

We don't speak. We don't need to. We both know what the other is feeling in this situation.

We simultaneously drop the bags in the hall and flop down onto the couch. I let out a huge sigh, letting my head fall onto the back of the couch, my arms stretched outwards along it. I close my eyes, and breathe.

I didn't realise how hard it was to breathe at Helen's. It was constantly awkward and hostile. Uncomfortable and heavy.

I can't tell you how good it feels to just be able to... breathe.

Just as I begin to slip into relaxation, my phone pings, startling me. I shoot my eyes to one side towards my dad, and he's already in his own world flicking through channels on the TV.

I try to shuffle to one side so my phone screen is blocked from his view. Just in case it's Jin and he's text me something obscene.

Josie: Update on the Yoongi sitch: he's asked me to come over to his place tonight!!!! Istg I'm finding it really hard to play it cool right now😭

I chuckle quietly as I read her text. I smile to myself as I type out my reply.

Willow: Ahhh! Keep me posted and give me all the deets!!

Josie: Oh I will girl💦

I'm genuinely happy for her. Yoongi's a little... rough for me. But Josie and Yoongi seem to have a lot in common. They both enjoy the same kind of things. They're a great match.

Regarding types; I'd never say Jin was my type before I met him. A man who's extremely stone faced, hard to please or have a conversation with.
At least that's how he portrays himself.

It's like he unlocked the real person hiding within me. He helped me discover who I am. What I desire. What I need.

Anyone looking from the outside in can only see a man who is difficult. Cold. Intimidating. But I know who he really is.

He's kind, warm, comforting and supportive. He's sexy as fuck too which is a bonus. He's skilled in more ways than one... if you catch my drift.

As I sit here daydreaming about Jin for the umpteenth time, I remember Hoseok wanted me to tell him when I'm home. It'd be nice to go and see my friends this week. I've missed them.

Willow: Hey, I'm home early 😊 what you doing tomorrow?

I also text the same thing to Taehyung. Which he replies first, almost instantly.

Tae: Hi!! How come you're back early? How was it going back home? And I'm free tomorrow😁

I'm typing out a reply when Hoseok also texts me back.

Hoseok: omgggggg I've missed youuuuu. Meet me tomorrow we'll catch up 😄

I catch myself smiling widely. I reply to Hoseok first.

Willow: Can't wait!!! Where should I meet you and what time?

Hoseok: Our usual spot. Hmm... 2pm?

Willow: Sounds perfect. Can I invite Taehyung?

Hoseok: Of course.

I text Taehyung back with details on when and where to meet, dodging the question he asked. I feel bad but I just don't have the energy to talk about it.

I sigh contentedly and lock my phone, placing it back in my pocket.

"What we watching?" I ask as I turn my head to face my dad.

"Only the greatest show on Earth." He chirps.

"Hawaii Five-O" we both say in unison. I roll my eyes as my dad smiles widely.

"Dad, you've watched every episode. Five times." I groan jokingly.

"And every time it just gets better." He chuckles.

"Can we watch something different? Just once?" I plead, reaching for the remote on the table.

He clicks his tongue, nodding his head reluctantly. I giggle and begin to flick through.

After a couple of minutes, my dad gets up to put our luggage away, leaving me alone with the TV. Bliss.

There's nothing interesting on, so I just leave it on a news channel, not paying much attention as I scroll through my phone, bored.

I look up at the TV for a second, and I almost choke. My heart beats rapidly as I read a translation of the text on the screen.

- The Daughter of one of the most powerful and influential Director's of the nation, Ahn Hye-Jin, also known as Hwasa; is next in line to inherit her fathers massive fortune.-

- Ahn MoonJin earned his vast wealth over the course of thirty years, working within the country's National Security Intelligence, rising through the ranks until he reached the top. Now Director of the NSI, he promises to pass it down to his daughter. Other family members speak out against this decision. More to come after the break.-

Hwasa?! Hwasa is the daughter of the Director of The National Security Intelligence?! The Hwasa that Taehyung is dating?

My head spins. This can't be right. What does an NSI Director's daughter want with an 18 year old in high school? I knew I had a weird feeling about her.

Somethings not right.

Does Taehyung know? I've got to speak to him.