F O R T Y T W O

"I'm going out." I mutter angrily, walking past my dad in the hallway.

"Where are you going?" He asks, grabbing my arm and stopping me.

"To the move theatre." I say, getting out of his grasp. I pull my bag over my shoulder and walk out of the house, walking down the street.

I sigh, tucking my hair behind my ear as I walk. I see the old coffee shop I used to visit a lot, and nostalgia hits me. I walk across the road and through the door, sitting down in the corner booth I used to always sit in.

I drop my bag on the seat next to me, and place my phone on the table, sighing loudly.

I unlock my phone and rest my elbows on the surface, scrolling through social media, just trying to cool down and relax before I order anything.

"Thank you." I hear a familiar voice, and I quickly look up.

Dear god, please not now. I look down, trying to hide my face, but I hear him call my name.

"Willow?"

I groan quietly and look up, his eyes meeting mine.

"Oh shit, you're back?" He smiles, walking towards me.

I awkwardly return his smile, and chuckle, nodding my head.

"Hey, Ryan." I mumble.

He places his coffee on the table, and sits down opposite me. 

Ugh, I don't need this right now.

"How have you been?" He asks, smiling widely.

"Good." I reply bluntly, not exactly in a chatty mood.

There's an awkward silence for a few moments, and I continue to look down at my phone. He clears his throat, and I look up to see him staring at me.

"Everything alright?" He asks.

I sigh. I'm not usually this direct and blunt, but I'm not in the mood today.

"Look. I haven't forgotten the fact that you cheated on me with three different girls at our school, and I also haven't forgotten how you tried to pin the blame onto me that I didn't give you it enough. I'm fine, and I want to be left alone. Okay?" I snap. My angry eyes linger on him for a few seconds, before they drift back down to my phone.

He shifts in his seat, and lets out a breath.

"Wow." He mutters in disbelief.

"Alright..." He trails off, standing from the table. I see him retreat in my peripheral vision, and I sigh again, biting the inside of my lip.

My phone buzzes in my hand, and I see Jin's name pop up on the top of my screen. 

Sexy asshole: Why?

I lock my phone and tuck it in my pocket, standing up and walking to the counter.

"Double espresso, please." I say, handing the cashier cash. She nods her head and smiles.

"Coming right up."

I tap my fingers impatiently on the counter, and she soon hands me the cup. I smile and take it from her hand, walking back to my booth.

I sit down and pull my phone back out of my pocket, biting my lip.

Willow: My cousin saw your text.

Sexy asshole: Oh... I'm sorry.

Willow: It's not your fault, but my mood and day has been completely ruined. I don't even want to stay here at this freakshow house any longer. They're all fucking weird.