F O R T Y

"Willow! Wake up! We gotta go." I hear my dads loud, roaring voice, bellowing in my ear. He shakes me, waking me up from my deep sleep.

I grumble sleepily and rub my eyes, scowling and whining, turning over in my bed.

He throws the duvet off of me, and shakes my shoulder roughly, laughing. 

"Wake up!" He sings joyfully. 

"Ugh, I'm up!" I yell, shooting up in my bed and glaring at him, narrowing my eyes.

"Get dressed and grab your suitcase. We got a plane to catch." He orders, walking out of the room, closing my door. 

I groan and throw my legs off the side of my bed, lazily stepping to my closet and quickly changing into the outfit I had prepared the day before. I freshen up in the bathroom and tie my hair up.

I grab my phone and my charger, and grasp the handle of the suitcase, wheeling it out of my room and down the stairs. I wheel it into the living room, and see my dad standing in the doorway on his phone.

"What time is it?" I mutter. He looks at me and puts his phone back in his pocket.

"4:15am. Our flight is 16 hours long, so you'll be able to sleep on the plane. Quick, chop chop." He says, all in one breath, clapping his hands.

I groan and nod my head, following him out the door and to the car. He takes my suitcase and places it in the trunk, and we get in the car, on our way to the airport in a rush.

Once we got to the airport, we sped through customs and security, and boarded the plane in no time. We take our seats, readying ourselves for a long flight, and I turn my phone on airplane mode, before tucking it back in my pocket and resting my head against the back of the seat. 

I slept for most of the time, on occasion my dad would wake me up for food and water, and to talk to him because he was bored. But the time went by relatively quickly, thankfully. 

Once we landed, and went through all the security checks once again, we got a cab to my aunts house, where we'll be staying for the week. She lives in the same neighborhood as my old house, so luckily I'll get to see everything I grew up with again. 

My dad and I wheel our cases to her front door, and she opens it, a weak, awkward smile forms on her face as her eyes land on us. 

"Michael, Willow... Nice to see you again." She greets us forcefully.

She stands in her doorway, her arms folded over her chest defensively. Her blonde, highlighted hair is in a tight updo, and her piercing blue eyes are magnified by her spectacles. She stares down at us, her nose in the air and her wrinkled, thin lips pursed. 

She's my moms older sister, Helen. But she's nothing like my mom. She's judgemental and self righteous, whereas my mom was open minded, loving and accepting. 

"Nice to see you, too, Helen." My dad sighs reluctantly. She smiles sarcastically and moves out of the way, allowing us to walk inside.

"Thanks for having us." I mutter as I walk past her. She doesn't respond, only continuing to stare at me. 

We walk through into the living room, and there sits the rest of the family. Kevin, my uncle, and Helen's husband, and their two children. Twins, Rory and Rachel. All of them are blonde with blue eyes, and it reminds me of Children of the Corn. They're creepy, emotionless zombies who barely smile. 

"Kevin." My dad says, resting our suitcases on the wall. Kevin is sat on he couch, his nose buried in a newspaper. He folds the page down and looks over it, his eyebrows raising at our presence.