T H I R T Y S I X

I lay there in Jin's arms. His fingers softly graze up and down the skin of my upper arm, with my head rested on his chest, listening to the soothing sound of his calm heartbeat. I snuggle into him, a smile on my face.

"I really enjoyed tonight." I whisper bashfully, running my fingers along his abs. He moves and presses his lips against my temple, and I smile wider, my heart about to burst out of my chest.

"So did I." He whispers back, resting his cheek on my head.

"I'm not used to it." He suddenly says, and I look up at him confused.

"Not used to what?" I ask. He looks down at me, his eyes locking with mine, and a small smile dances its way onto his lips.

"Vanilla sex." He chuckles. 

I furrow my brows and scowl at him. He raises his eyebrows and smiles, pulling me closer to him.

"Don't give me that look." He chuckles.

I'm a little hurt, feeling like he took the moment away. It wasn't just 'vanilla sex', It was raw and pure, passionate and beautiful. Something I'll remember for the rest of my life. 

I pull away and turn on my back, scoffing. I know I'm acting a little petty, but is it really so hard for him to delve more into his emotional side?

"Oh, come on. Don't be like that." He groans, grabbing my arm. He leans into me from behind and showers my cheek and neck with kisses.

"I'm sorry, baby. You were right, tonight was amazing and I enjoyed it a lot." He whispers in my ear. 

I freeze. This is the first time he's called me by a pet name. I turn and look over my shoulder, and he's staring back at me pleadingly. I smile and roll onto my side, cuddling back into him, a huge smile on my face.

He chuckles and wraps his arms around me, inhaling a breath through his nose.

"You're so cute." He mutters. 

This is a completely different person. He's more... human. He's allowing me to see more of his genuine personality and I love it. I giggle quietly in his arms, burying my face in his chest.

"You wanna tell me why you were in a bad mood earlier?" He asks.

My heart skips a beat, and my stomach drops. I'm worried how he'll react when I tell him. Will he be mad? Will he be upset? Or will he have no reaction at all? The latter is what's worrying me the most.

I let out a sigh and look up at him. Now is probably the best time with how he's being so sweet and open with me.

I sit up in bed, and rest my back against the headboard. He looks at me, and copies my action, sitting beside me. 

I turn my head and look at him with a concerned look, and I inhale deeply, letting out a breath.

"I'm going back home to Florida on Monday." I begin. 

He stares at me, an unreadable expression on his face. His eyes lock onto mine, an intense gaze.

"I'll be gone for a week, so I'll be back." I force a smile as I look at him.

"Why are you going back, though?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

I flutter my eyes closed in anxiety and bite my lip, fiddling with my fingers in my lap.

"My mom." I simple say, avoiding his eyes.

It's now or never. I've been wanting to keep this to myself, unsure if the relationship we have is intimate enough to openly discuss family issues and problems, but I want to tell him.