F I F T Y S I X

I wait anxiously in my living room, pacing up and down, checking my phone repeatedly

"Where is she?" I mutter to myself irritably.

I'd be lying to myself if I said I wasn't feeling slightly uneasy. Nervous, if you will. My heart beats loudly in my ears as I keep checking the time. She's fifteen minutes late.

I unlock my phone and begin to write out a text, until the sound of the intercom buzzer sets my heart jumping. I rush towards it and press the button.

"Hello?"

"It's me." I hear her say. I swallow and click the main gate open, walking towards the main door.

I see her car pulling up into the driveway through the clear glass door. I let out a sigh, and open it, standing at the entrance. She gets out the car, swinging her long hair over her shoulder, large, obnoxious sunglasses on her face, and a smirk on her lips.

She raises her hand and wriggles her fingers at me as a means to say hello. I scowl and turn away, walking inside towards the living room.

"Nice to see you!" She beams cockily, taking her sunglasses off and dropping them in her bag.

"Mhm." I hum bluntly, taking a seat on the couch.

She sits down beside me, far too close for my comfort. I clear my throat and inch away until I can't move any further. But she scoots closer.

"So, made your mind up?" She chirps. I don't answer for a few seconds, looking down at the floor, my hands clasped together, before looking up to meet her eyes.

"Yes."

She smiles widely.

"And?"

I sigh, pursing my lips in a straight line.

"I'll do it."

She gasps, clapping her hands together happily. "You will!?" She exclaims. "Oh, Daddy! I'm so glad." She wraps her long, slender arms around my frame.

I wriggle out of her grasp, and turn to her. She looks back at me, a glint in her eye.

"On one condition." I raise one finger up to her face. She furrows her brows.

"What is it?" She asks, her tone now lower, annoyance clear in her voice.

"You leave my students alone, and you don't blackmail me. Or anyone again." I say sternly.

She huffs. "Yes, yes, whatever. Just sign it." She pulls the contract out of her bag and places a pen on the coffee table in front of us.

"No, Hwasa. I need you to be sincere."

"Ugh. I AM sincere. Just sign it." She grows impatient.

"I don't believe you. Until I believe you, I won't be signing anything." I protest, standing from the couch.