T E N

I nervously play with the hem of my skirt, my heart pumping loudly in my ears. I wait anxiously for him to enter the room. 

I hear the doorknob turn, and I quickly face forwards, tearing my gaze away from the door. I hear the sound of the door close, and his footsteps as they reach closer.

He takes a seat behind his desk in front of me, a stern, hard look on his face.

I stare at him, barely blinking, waiting for him to speak.

He rests his elbows on the surface, and brings his index fingers up to rest on his lips, clasped together in a prayer.

"Would you care to explain why you were nosing around in my house?" He asks, his tone low, yet intimidating. 

"I wasn't. I just saw the butterfly on the door and I was admiring it, that's all." I say, clearing my throat nervously.

"I have half a mind to terminate our private tutoring." He says, leaning back in his chair, crossing one leg over the other.

"No, please don't." I plead, leaning forward in my seat. He stares at me blankly, not uttering a word.

"I really enjoy myself when I'm with you. I always look forward to our classes, and tonight's tutoring session was really helpful." I admit, staring down at my lap, avoiding his gaze.

There's a deafening silence in the room for a few seconds, until I hear the creak of his chair. I look up, and he's leaned forward against the desk, his elbows propped up.

"You like it?" He questions, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes." I respond, gulping loudly.

He lets out a breathy chuckle, raising his brows in surprise as he leans back. This is the first time I've really seen him smile, and I feel like the wind just got knocked out of my lungs. It's possibly the most beautiful sight I've ever seen.

"That's surprising." He mutters, letting out a sigh.

"Why?" I ask.

The smirk falls from his face, and his eyes lock with mine. I feel a fire in my stomach, burning away as the fear reaches it's peak.

"You know..." He begins, getting up from his chair. He slowly paces around the desk, making his way towards me.

"I'm quite flattered, really... That you enjoy my classes. I don't hear that very often. It's a nice change to know a student appreciates what I'm trying to do." He says, his tone soft.

I sit still, my body stiff. He walks around the back of my chair, his hand dragging along the top.

He stops, and I turn my head to the left, looking up at him. He turns around, staring down at me. A small smile dances its way onto his lips, his eyes lighting up.

"Thank you." He says.

My body immediately begins to relax, I don't feel as on edge. His sincere smile as he thanked me made me melt, something I never imagined I would hear or see.

"You're... welcome?" I respond, my lips parted in surprise.

"Now, shall we continue?" He asks, sitting back down in his chair.

"You're not going to punish me?" I respond.

"Not this time, no. But I won't be so lenient next time." He says. He leans forward, smirking.

"Unless you want to be punished?" He whispers, his gaze strong as his eyes burn into mine. I gulp loudly, a strange feeling inside me.

"Uh- I..." I stutter. I fidget in my seat, feeling flustered. My cheeks begin to burn red hot, no doubt looking like a tomato.

He chuckles breathily, and leans back in his chair, a smug grin on his face.

"Maybe next time." He mutters, the smile still on his face.

Next time?

I can't help but wonder, and I feel excited. What the hell is wrong with me? 

"How are you getting home, by the way? Are you mother or father picking you up?" He asks.

My mood instantly drops at the mention of my mom. My face falls, the upset turning in my stomach. He notices my mood change, and his eyes suddenly turn soft.

"I'm sorry, did I say something wrong?" He asks, his tone calm and low. I clear my throat and look up, meeting his eyes.

"It's just me and my dad." I say, forcing a smile.

He nods his head and returns my smile, leaving it at that. It seems he understands.

"And I'll have to get the bus back." I add, sitting up in my seat.

He checks the time on his watch, then looks back up at me, furrowing his brows.

"That won't do. By the time we are done, it'll be 8pm. I can take you home." He says. I wave my arms in front of me, protesting.

"No, you don't have to. I can take the bus, it's fin-" I'm about to finish my sentence, until he cuts me off.

"No." He says, his voice loud and dominant.

I shut my mouth immediately and nod my head, giving in to him.

**

The rest of the tutoring session went by, and I genuinely enjoyed every second of it. I feel like I saw a different side to Mr. Kim, a more personal, softer side that I'm intrigued by. I want to see more of it. 

He walks me to the front door, both of us slipping on our shoes. 

"You'll have to input your address into the GPS." He says, opening the door and gesturing for me to go outside before him.

I nod my head, following him to his car.

I feel a little awkward as I get in the passenger seat. He closes the door for me, and proceeds to walk around and gets into the driver seat.

My eyes glance down to his thighs, spread out on the seat. His long fingers wrapped around the steering wheel, the veins protruding out of his hands, and running up and down his forearms. 

His tanned skin is mesmerising. It's like a beautiful blend of caramel and mocha, sun kissed to perfection. The way his thighs cling to the fabric of his sweatpants as he's sat down in the car seat, how they thicken... I can't tear my eyes away.

The more I think about it, the more I realise why I enjoy being in his presence so much. I can't wait to see him in class, for the after school tutoring...

I think I'm developing a school girl crush on my teacher.