T W E N T Y E I G H T

Taehyung, Josie and I sit at the lunch table in the cafeteria, grabbing a bite before our next classes begin.

"So, Josie, what brings you here? Why'd you move?" I ask, my mouth full of ramen.

"My aunt lives here. My parents sent me away to live with her for a year. They believe I need some culture." She chuckles in disbelief, seeming slightly annoyed at the topic.

"Oh." I mumble, forcing another bite in my mouth.

"What about you?" She asks.

"My dad. He worked for a Korean company back home, and he was offered a promotion. He was transferred here temporarily, but we don't know exactly how long." I respond, pushing the noodles around in my bowl.

"That sucks. I'm sorry." She mumbles sympathetically. I quickly swallow the food in my mouth and shake my head.

"No no, it's alright. I actually really enjoy it here. It's just that my mom is back home, is all." I smile.

"Oh, why didn't she come?" She asks, tilting her head.

I look up at her, a lump forming in my throat.

"She uh- she just couldn't." I awkwardly chuckle, looking back down at the table, avoiding her eye contact. 

She nods her head, understanding it's a sensitive subject. It's quiet for a few seconds, the only sound of us chewing quietly on our food.

"So, Mr. Kim." She begins looking up from her tray, her eyes darting between Taehyung and I.

I shift in my seat nervously, unsure of where to look.

"He seems pretty... Intense." She says, chuckling.

"Yeah." I mumble, a nervous chuckle escaping my throat.

"He's always like that. He gives it to Willow pretty hard." Taehyung suddenly speaks up, and I turn my head towards him, my heart beginning to pound in my chest.

I'm acting like a nervous rat. I'm not exactly being subtle about anything, and in definitely drawing attention to myself.

Just chill out, Willow.

I open my mouth, about to speak until I see Yoongi approaching the table from behind Josie. He raises an eyebrow as he scans the back of her, and a confident, devilish smirk plays on his lips.

"Good morning, guys." He says, sitting down next to Josie.

She turns her head and looks at him, her eyes mulling over his face a little longer than I think she intended. She swallows her food and parts her lips, smiling nervously.

"And who might this be?" He coos, staring back at her.

"I'm Josie." She says with confidence, her voice clear and a hint of seduction in her tone.

"Josie... You sound American. Just like our little willow over here." He smirks, turing to look at me.

"I am, I just transferred." She says, scooting closer to him subtly in her seat.

"Well, maybe we should go out and I can show you around the city." He smoothly suggests.

She pretty much melts in his hand. She plays with her hair and smirks at him, looking up through her lashes.

"That sounds great." She purrs.

She looks down at her watch and quickly looks back up, slightly panicked.

"Sorry, I need to get going." She says, grabbing her bag from the floor and standing from the table.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She smiles, and flashes a wink towards Yoongi. He chuckles and nods his head, and both Taehyung and I wave in her direction.