F I F T Y T W O

Stood over the gas rings, heat rising up into my face and the smell of cooking bacon, I can't stop thinking about her

How that narcissistic bitch won't leave me alone. 

Willow is asleep upstairs. And I can't help but worry about every little thing. I worry Hwasa will turn up at the house, and Willow will be here. I worry she'll do something to her when I'm not there. I worry that she'll hurt Taehyung, physically or mentally- either way. I need to find a way to get her off my back, out of my life and away from Willow.

Suddenly, I feel a small, delicate touch on my back, and I turn around startled. 

"Morning." Willow smiles sleepily. 

"Morning, baby." I whisper, planting a peck on her forehead.

"Smells good, nearly ready?" She sits on a stool at the breakfast bar.

"Nearly." I smile, pretending I wasn't just in a deep shitstorm of a thought.

"I text my dad last night, he thinks I'm at Josie's until later this evening. So we got a whole day." She smiles widely. 

I can see the happiness in her face, the way her entire aura lights up when she's in the same room as me, when we spend time together. I can see the love she has, deep love that I never thought I'd have. I love her just the same.

"That's great." I return her smile.

A few moments of comfortable silence falls between us, and I plate up the food, passing it to her. She accepts it gratefully, and we both eat, happy and content in each others company. Almost as if we were a real, normal couple, with nothing to hide, and no reason to keep secrets.

"Oh, I almost forgot." Willow begins, swallowing the last bite of food. I look up at her, waiting for her to speak.

"That girl that Tae was seeing, Hwasa. Remember I told you about her?" 

I feel a gut-wrenching pull in my stomach. I swallow hard and try to keep my composure.

"Yes." I respond bluntly, looking away.

"I saw her on the news. She's the daughter of the Director of the NIS. She's due to inherit literally billions of won, but she's dating a high school student. She seems really shady. I knew she was weird."

I let out a sigh, and she looks at me confused.

"What?" She asks, furrowing her brows.

If there's ever a time to tell her the truth, it's now. My heart beats nervously in my chest, my stomach flipping, the information I never wanted her to know, the past, the psycho I thought had disappeared from my life forever, came back and wormed it's way back, and into Willow's life.

"Willow, I need to tell you something." She stares at me, her expression blank.

"What have you done?" She asks, crossing her arms across her chest.