T W E N T Y F I V E

I wake up curled on the couch, my body aching and throbbing, my nose blocked and my throat scratchy. I grab my phone and check the time, noticing it's 6am.

I groan, knowing I should be up already to get myself prepared for school, but I can barely even lift a finger. I tap on my screen and call the school office, letting them know I'll be off sick for today.

My throat is killing me, a painful lump whenever I swallow. My mouth is dry and I can't breathe through my nose. My back feels sensitive to the touch and I can barely move my legs.

I groan tiredly and sit up slowly, holding my head in my hands. My eyes sting as they adjust to the bright light, and I genuinely feel like death.

I force myself up to the kitchen, and pop some cold relief pills into my mouth, swallowing it with some water from the tap. 

I drag my feet back to the living room and grab my phone, climbing the stairs with difficulty, but eventually making my way to my room and collapsing on the bed, shivering. I pull the covers over me and snuggle up, trying to get warm. 

I gradually fall back to sleep, my eyes heavy and my body trembling.

I make my way into my classroom, feeling a slight hint of excitement at the thought of seeing Willow this morning

I make my way into my classroom, feeling a slight hint of excitement at the thought of seeing Willow this morning. I feel a little... pathetic. I've never been this invested in a woman before.

No woman has ever taken over my every thought as much as she does, anticipation and excitement running through me whenever I see her face, her body. She riles me up, she makes me feel something that I haven't felt in a very long time.

I stand behind my desk, preparing the paperwork, when I see my students beginning to file into the room. I look out of the corner of my eye, subtly searching for her to enter, but she doesn't.

I sigh quietly, a little irritated at her tardiness. Despite our relationship, I still expect her to work hard at her studies, and that includes showing up on time to my class. 

I hold off beginning the class for a little, stalling them for a short while, hoping for her to enter soon. 

Five minutes passes, and time already runs over for when class was supposed to begin. I breathe out angrily, not being able to hold it any longer, and proceed to begin the class.

She'll regret it later when she's receiving her punishment.

**

Class ends, and Willow never showed up. I wait patiently until all of the students disperse and exit the room until I grab my phone and tap on her name, hesitantly writing a text.

Jin: Where are you?

I stare at the screen, waiting for her to respond, but nothing. She doesn't even read it.

A slight worry begins to build, wondering where she is, why she hasn't turned up and if she's okay.

Jin: Are you okay?