E I G H T

"Class dismissed. Please remember Mr. Kim wants your assignments on his desk by Friday." The substitute teacher says. All the students rush out of the class, completely disorganised.

That answers my question last time. The students' good behaviour was only in the presence of Mr. Kim. When he's gone, they seem to relax a little more.

I stand up and walk out of the class, but I feel a hand on my shoulder as I exit the room into the hallway. I look over my shoulder, and see that ever familiar, and adorable rectangular smile.

"Hi." I smile, turning to face Taehyung.

"Hey. Food?" He asks, a pleading look in his eyes.

I giggle and nod my head. We make our way to the cafeteria, like we do at the same time everyday after literature class. It's become routine for us, something I'm now getting used to. 

We both take our seats at the same table we have been using everyday this week, as usual sitting opposite one another.

"Today's class was like a breath of fresh air. The atmosphere was amazing without Mr. Kim." He sighs happily, mixing his rice.

"You think so?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

"Yes, you don't?" He chuckles.

"No, not really. I like his teaching style. I feel like I actually learn when he's teaching." I admit, taking a sip of my soda.

I can feel Taehyung's gaze burning into me. I look up and catch his eyes. He's staring at me in shock, his lips parted and his brows knit.

"You like when he's teaching?!" He exclaims, widening his eyes.

"Yes... Why does everyone find that so hard to believe? I know he's strict, but I appreciate that. Besides, there's a reason for it. Only the best in his class gets a scholarship and publishing deal." I say, sighing afterwards.

"Yeah but he's... a lot. He's always breathing down our necks. Yours specifically. Haven't you noticed?" 

"Yes, you mentioned it yesterday, but like you said, I'm taking it as a compliment. He told me he's impressed by me and see's a lot of potential." I beam, smiling. 

"Wow... Are you serious?" He leans forward across the table, his expression that of pure shock. 

"You said you think he's impressed by me. He's offering me private tutoring." I accidentally let slip. I widen my eyes and mentally slap my hand over my mouth, letting out an exacerbated sigh. 

"What?!" He practically yells, his voice echoing in the almost empty cafeteria. 

"I- I wasn't gonna mention anything..."

"When do you start?!" He whisper yells.

"I was supposed to start today after school, but he's not here. So I'm kinda bummed about that, I was excited. My dad was too." I mumble, leaning my cheek against my palm. 

"There's always tomorrow, he'll pro-" I'm listening to Taehyung, before someone intervenes, cutting him off. 

"Hey, hope I'm not interrupting anything..." I look up and watch Hoseok as he takes a seat next to me, placing his bag down on the table, a little smirk on his face.

Taehyung stares at him, almost retracting back inside his shell. He leans back, and places his hands in his lap, clearing his throat quietly.

"Hey, no it's fine." I smile.

"I couldn't help but overhear. You got private lesson with Satan himself, huh?" He chuckles, pulling a bag of chips out of his bag.

I'm getting sick of repeating myself to people over and over again. It seems I'm the only student- no, the only person in this world who doesn't see Mr. Kim as pure evil.