E L E V E N

I try my best to keep quiet the entire car journey. I can't help but steal glances at him every now and then. He grips the wheel with power, every time he changes gear, the way his legs move in the seat, it's addictive. He's an Adonis. 

I watch how the passing street lights illuminate his face, how it heightens his chiselled features. His side profile is glorious. His plump lips are pouted in concentration, his eyes fixed on the road and his brows slightly furrowed. The stern look on his face he has 90% of the time; it's intimidating, but it's beautiful. 

"Do I have something on my face, Miss Collins?" He suddenly asks. He turns his face and glances at me, a small smirk on his lips.

I almost squeal, jolting in surprise. 

"N-No, I was just..." I trail off, unable to find an excuse. He grips the wheel harder, the sound of the leather rubbing against the skin of his palm. 

"You have something on yours." He says, his voice low.

"I do?" I ask, bringing my hand up to my face.

He slowly turns his head, the smirk still clear on his lips. His eyes lock with mine, making me feel small in his presence.

"Embarrassment." He utters, chuckling afterwards. He turns his attention back to the road, fidgeting slightly in his seat.

My face burns red hot, blushing intensely. I don't say anything back, knowing I've been caught red handed. 

"What do you enjoy most about my teachings, may I ask?" He asks out of the blue.

I open my mouth to talk, but nothing comes out. I don't actually know. 

"I- I like that you're not a pushover. Your teaching style is informative, and it works." I say, trying my best not to stutter. I clear my throat afterwards, letting out a breath, the nerves and awkwardness taking over. 

It's quiet for a few seconds, before he hums, clicking his tongue.

"Is that all?" He questions, his tone teasing. 

No.

"Yes."

He chuckles, inhaling a deep breath through his teeth.

"I see."

Again, I stay quiet, unsure of how to keep the conversation going. I'm a rack of nerves when I'm with him, and his overbearing personality doesn't help to ease me at all. 

The rest of the car journey is quiet. I continued to steal glances from him, unable to take my eyes away fully. 

He pulls up outside my house and turns off the engine, shifting in his seat to face me. 

"Thank you for the ride." I say, giving him a sincere smile. He stares at me, an unreadable expression on his, per usual. 

I turn to open the door, but he grips my upper arm, stopping me. I turn back around to face him, my eyes wide.

"Willow." He calls me, his eyes locked with mine.

"Yes?" I squeak, gulping loudly.

His eyes search my face, before a small, gentle smile appears on his lips. He lets go of my arm, leaning back into his own seat.

"Nothing. See you tomorrow." He says, turning the key in the ignition, starting the car. 

"See you tomorrow." I repeat. I nod my head, returning his smile, before opening the car door and getting out into the cold, night air. 

I let out a loud breath when I close the door, trying to keep my composure as I walk to the front of my house. I want to turn around and look at him, as if something is compelling me to. Just one more look for the night.

I turn my head, looking over my shoulder, trying to remain discreet. I can see him watching me from inside the car as I make my way to my front door. I smile to myself when I turn my head back around, butterflies going rampant in my stomach. 

I know it's wrong, but he makes me feel things. Things I haven't felt in a long time. I'd all but forgotten what it feels like to enjoy being in the company of someone of the opposite sex. Not since my ex back home, 3 years ago. 

It wasn't anything serious. I've never been in love, and I know at the time I wasn't ready; but he was my first. 

My dad of course has no idea. He thinks I'm still his innocent little girl, unbeknownst to him. 

And this crush I have on Mr. Kim... I know nothing will ever come out of it. It's purely innocent, and I'm sure it'll fade away on it's own soon. Besides, it can't hurt just to look, right?

I walk inside the house, and shut the door behind me. That's when I hear the roar of his car engine, speeding off. 

I can't help but think it's sweet, and a little romantic that he waited until he knew I was safe before he left. It's old school, something I've always appreciated.

Growing up reading books by historical writers, I was exposed to the world of fictional romance. Things that are practically unheard of in this day and age.

Opening the car door for her, holding an umbrella over her head when it's raining, placing his jacket down in a puddle so her shoes don't get wet, and waiting until she's safe, and out of his sight before he leaves.

Romance like that is a fantasy in the modern age, but from what I can tell of Kim Seokjin so far, in the little time I've known him... he's an old soul. He's proper, and I believe he also appreciates the finer, yet simplest things. 

With these private tutoring sessions, I'm hoping I'll be able to catch a glimpse of that a little more. Delve into his personality deeper, find out about him, not just as a teacher, but as a man; a person. 

"Willow."

The way my name rolls off his tongue replays in my ears over and over again. It's like music, a beautiful sound I can't forget. I like when he's assertive and professional when he calls me Miss. Collins, but I love when he calls me by my first name a lot more.

To think... For months I was dreading moving here. I was worried about language barriers, racism and difficulties in making friends.

Not even a full week in, and I've enjoyed myself more than I have in 4 years. Despite the issue with Yoonsung, I've been happy.

"See you tomorrow." 

The way his voice sounded as he said those words to me also repeats in my head. It was soft and low, almost personal. I feel there is an undeniable bond between us at this point, at least something no other student has had the chance to experience.

Although I've already come to terms that the relationship between us will be nothing but professional, I still can't hide the excitement inside me when I think about seeing him everyday. 

It's impossible. 

I try to repress it, but I can't.

I want him.