Partner | (Child) Levi x (Child) Reader

Prompt- Levi and reader meet when they're young

"Get back here!" a man yelled as you giggled, clutching the loaf of bread tighter to your chest and pushing your legs faster.

You heard the mans footsteps following you, though your could tell he was slowly loosing distance on you. Finally he was no longer running, your small child body being too quick for him. You ducked into an alleyway, ready to feast upon your treat, when you noticed a kid around your age. He was thin and pale, ebony black hair strands framing his face and sunken cheeks. He looked miserable.

You approached him carefully and he watched you too, cautiously. Even though he was kid he could still pose a threat, his body had more muscle mass and could easily overpower yours.

"Are you hungry?" you asked, stopping about 10 feet away from him.

He nodded his head yes, an anticipatory look coming over his eyes.

"Here then, we'll share."

He smiled and sat down agianst the wall, you slowly coming and sitting infront of him. The two of you slowly picked at the bread in silence until it was nearly finished.

"So whats you name stranger?" you asked.

"Levi." he answered, his voice only a small mumble.

"Well it's nice to meet you Levi, i'm Y/n."

He answered with a weak 'hi' before turning back to the bread. You both started to pick at the bread again before a shout came from the end of the alleyway.

"Hey! You little thief! That's not yours!"

Three men stood at the end of the small lane, the shop owner that you had stolen from and what you guessed was two of his friends. You gulped, looking to Levi for a second before standing up.

"Now now let's not.... get in over our heads here. I'll say sorry and we can move on, right?"

"The hell you talkin' about! That ain't gonna fly." the shop keeper said before the two men started forward, their hands up and ready to grab you as they stalked closer.

Your eyes grew wide as you looked for an opening. You sprinted as fast as you could, trying to duck between the guy on the right. He grabbed your neck as you passed though, swiftly lifting you up and slamming your back into the ground. You brain rattled before it was overwhelmed with pain and fear. Your hands went up to your throat, your tiny fingers trying to claw the man off.

"S-stop! I'll... pay for it-t!" your voice was hoarse, barely heard by the men.

Your face was starting to feel like it was burning, your lungs heaving for air as the man pressed harder. Tears crowded your eyes as you felt the ends of your limbs go numb. When your eyes finally closed the pressure was released, air flooding into your choking lungs.

Levi's POV

The three men stood at the end of the alleyway, the girl -Y/n- standing up and fearfully watching them. I looked down at the bread, thinking. Why had she shared with me? She could've kept it to herself. I watched as she tried to dart around the one man, only to be grabbed by the neck and slammed down. I winced, just watching was painful. I watched her squirm, beg for them to let her go. She was dying, quickly. This beautiful girl who had been kind to me was being killed and I was sitting here. Why am I still sitting here? Move! Her eyelids started to flutter closed, her body calming down and her chest slowing its movements.

I rushed up, running behind the man that had her pinned and grabbing his neck with both hands and kicking the back of his knee, slamming him backwards on the concrete floor roughly. The other men started to move as the one of the floor immediately passed out. The other man reached for me, an angry scowl on his face. I took his hand, pulling his thumb away from his forefinger before kicking him in the stomach and using my thumb and middle finger to rip off his right ear. He screamed, dropping to the ground. By then the clerk had made it to us, an even angrier look on his face than the other man. He too reached for me and I grabbed his hand with my left one, not giving a second before I turned and pushed my elbow into his, breaking his elbow backwards. He screeched, dropping to the ground with his friend. They both withered in pain as I turned my attention to the girl. She was still lying on the ground.

I quickly walked to her, thankful when I saw the small rise and fall of her rib cage. With a sigh I picked her up, walking down the alley more and taking a few turns until I came upon my box. It wasn't elaborate but they were stacked together and made a decent shelter to sleep in. I laid her inside, sitting just outside and waiting for her to wake up.

She awoke hours later, small mumbling coming from her before she shot up. She looked around quickly before her hand went to her throat, a deep wince coming from her body at the contact.

"What happened?" her voice was barely audible.

"Don't worry about it. Your safe now." I said uneasily, not use to reassuring someone.

"Thank you. I'm guessing you saved me right?"

"Um yeah... I did."

"Thank you."

"There no need to-"

"Yes there is, you could've left me for dead. But you didn't so thank you."

"You were kind to me so I thought i'd repay the favor."

"No matter your reason, thank you."

"Then thank you for the bread."

"No problem." she smiled before it fell, her fingers slightly prodding the large bruise wrapped around her neck before she hissed, pulling them away.

"It'll be sore for a couple week and it's likely that you have a concussion. I um... I don't mind you staying with me. That is, if you want to. I cant make you do anything but I thought it would be better being a pair instead of fending for ourselves."

"A pair." she whispered.

"I didn't mean it like-" She cut me off, throwing herself at me and wrapping her arms around my torso while snuggling her face into me. I slowly eased out of my tense state, laying my arms on her like she did me.

"I'd love to, I can't remember the last time I was with someone that wasn't trying to kill me. So thank you."

"Yeah yeah no promises though." I joked and she let out a breathy laugh, still cuddled into me.

"Well partner, I don't promise anything either.

a/n- hello! idk if ill have a chapter for tomorrow. today is pretty busy and i have a dentist appt and idk what they're doing but i'm sure i'll be in pain after lol. still, i'll do my best:)

how are you?

This was a request by Cheska8181638282

your  perfect<4