39

° ° °
. . . I should've told you I'm in love with you, so I wouldn't have been regretting like this. . .

° ° °

CHAPTER 39—————

CHAPTER 39
—————

The mansion was awfully quiet. It's been days, weeks, a whole month and it was only getting worse each and every day. The tension that was building up between the members of the gang was becoming unbearable, a torture.

The living room was once again filled with everyone. The TV was on, the news reporter mumbling something in the background with no one paying attention to him.

They've been searching everywhere, but there was not a single clue or a witness that knew something. It's been almost four weeks since Kim Soji disappeared without a trace. Everyone still remembered the last time they saw her – having fun with everyone in the alley before they woke up to her gone, like a piece of dust that the wind had blown away, suddenly gone. And the worst part was, they had no idea if she was alive or dead, if she left on her own or was forced to. She just didn't come home from the party in the alley when everyone else did...

The main door of the mansion cracked opened. The red haired girl jumped from the couch she had been sitting on all this while, nervously tapping her fingers on her knees as if sitting on thorns, awaiting any kind of news. Her heartbeat increased, thumping against her chest wildly, hope shone in her dark gloomy tired eyes that hadn't blinked a sleep for the past month, not even pills could help her fall asleep while Soji was nowhere to be found.

Mark walked in the living room, not in any better condition than Jina, hopelessly dragging his feet towards her when their equaly fatigued eyes met. Such dark eyebags had never before covered his face. His midnight sky coloured bangs were messily thrown over his forehead, wet under the hood from the pouring rain outside.

He didn't have to say anything when everything was clear the second he passed by Jina without a word and let his exhausted body fall down on one of the couches.

Jina watched as Taeyong walked in after him, with stiff expression, never showing a glimpse of the enormous worry he was feeling inside. He grabbed her forearm with his hand, rubbing up and down lightly as a sign of 'it will be okay' as he sighed, making her sit back down next to Haechan. Even as he tried to pull her closer in a hug, she didn't react.

Jina's world once again collapsed. She sat there staring ahead, her fingernails in between her teeth softly biting in anxiety while millions of thoughts once again flew through her mind. She was always one of the calmest people in the room in the worse situation, but not when it came to Soji. She was insanely worried and the guilt for being so carefree when her best friend was probably suffering alone and hiding something and she didn't notice was eating her alive. She wished to be rather dead than to have something bad happen to Soji when she could stop it.