62

° ° °
. . . You used up my heart before the fire even started. . .

° ° °

CHAPTER 62—————

CHAPTER 62
—————

Sometimes, life throws you defeating blows, hits you might think you can't heal from. What do we do with those? We hit back of course. That was exactly what I was trying to pull.

After being miserable and depressed for so long, it was time to take back control over my life. I didn't like what I was about to do, but did I care? Also not. All I cared about was going back to Seoul. I couldn't relay on Haechan forever and wait for him until he comes back.

I needed  Minhyuk to trust me enough to send me off. It's been a long while since I started acting all lovey-dovey with him when he wanted, but was I convincing enough?

"Cheers!" Jennie- in love with the Jack Daniel's stood up from her chair when everyone gathered around, raising her glass of whiskey on the centre of the table.

We all cheered. A group of ten people gathered around the table in the wide grass yard, celebrating the successful robbery while the news about it played in the background on the TV in the living room. For a second it looked and sounded like a happy family having a barbecue picnic, except I knew how fake most of their smiles were. Everyone in here worked behind the other's back.

Nevertheless it continued, everyone talking to each other about random stuff, laughing and having the time of our lives, which was partly true because since I came here, we've never once had a celebration like this one. Especially not with the whole crew gathered.

I watched from the side. Next to me- on the head of the table, Minhyuk stood up. Clapped his hands three times to get everyone's attention and in a few seconds only the sound of the sea waves behind us was present. Every single person looked at the leader in anticipation, while he stood, flashing a smile when his eyes met mine.

I raised a confused eyebrow and waited. His look told me that this was something about me, yet nothing came to my mind.

Now Minhyuk raised his glass of whiskey. "Today we are celebrating the success of a mission with the biggest income within these past twelve months. I want to thank all of you and I want you to know how proud I am of you guys. Especially Jennie, you were a great leader out there. We wouldn't have done it without you."

Jennie smiled and my eyes got stuck on a beautiful smile I've probably never seen before. She was always so serious and bitchy, I forgot she is a human who has emotions too. "Thank you, boss." Then she got up as well and looked at everyone else, stopping at me. "But I too wouldn't have been able to focus on everything else if Soji wasn't there to guard my every move."

My eyes grew wide for a second. I didn't expect that. Yeah, Jennie and I have been getting closer as time passed by. Safe to say she hanged out with me a lot more than she did with Krystal. I never thought I would say this for myself, but I seemed to be good influence on her. She smiled and laughed a lot more than back in the days I first met her and we were up to our throats.