27

° ° °
. . . Before I'm someone you leave behind, I'll break your heart so you don't break mine. . .

° ° °

CHAPTER 27—————

CHAPTER 27
—————

“Rise and shine So— Oh, wait... Soji where the fuck are y—”

I rolled my eyes and let out a deep sigh hearing the redhead's loud voice early in the morning. She seemed cheerful, she didn’t have a reason not to be. The past few months her life was going perfectly, I felt bad to even ruin her mood by telling her my problems. One way or another, I knew she would notice my sudden gloomy mood and ask questions, so I didn’t have a reason to hide from her uselessly.

I didn’t budge from the dark wooden chair on my balcony once I herd her. My legs were still spread on the other chair in front of me with a blanket on top of them while my upper body was warm enough with one of my favourite thick black hoodies. The can of beer was still in my hand as well while gazing at the sunrise across of the forest. Obviously the day was going to be sunny, but still cold because of the rain that fell during the night.

Still staring in front of me I raised my arm waving at her although sh couldn’t really see me because of the black curtains behind me hanging closed on the inside of my room. “I'm out here.” I mumbled and drank the last sip of the beer, scrunched the can before throwing it in the bin in the angle of the balcony where many cans of beer were scrunched and emptied throughout the night.

I always sat out and drank beer when I couldn’t sleep because of something bothering me. Last night was one of those nights. I knew I had school the next day, but after leaving Jaemin and going home I couldn’t force myself to sleep. So many thoughts were on my mind that I couldn’t just easily close my eyes and chase them away, instead they were just increasing in number.

I heard Jina’s footsteps coming closer until she pulled the curtains to theside and came out on the balcony. She let out a sigh, grabbed my legs and put them down from the fence so she could pass by, before pulling the chair to sit on it herself. “You couldn’t sleep again, huh?” She questioned, knowing the answer herself and I just nodded to confirm it.

She glanced at the bin of cans before focusing back at me again. “What is it this time?” I looked at her worried face, wondering if I should tell her about Jaemin yet. I would’ve told her anyway about the letters and about him too, but maybe I should’ve waited a little longer to explain it all.

I gave him one week to show his real self and explain everything, so  should’ve probably waited until then and later on tell her everything that’s been bothering me lately. That’s what I chose to do and I shook my head left and right as an answer, dropping my gaze to my hands on my lap. “Nothing. Just the usual stuff, some nightmares that keep me awake from time to time.” For my surprise I sounded convincing enough, I guess for the first time I picked the right words to tell her to make her believe.