16

° ° °
. . . I'm not surprised, I sympathise, I can't deny your appetite. . .

° ° °

CHAPTER 16 -----

CHAPTER 16
-----

Just like nothing had happened less than seven hours before, I had to get up and go to the hell hole called school. What's worse I really wasn't sure how to act towards Renjun and Jeno too after finding out they knew about me and the gang. I didn't have any help from Haechan either since he stayed in Japan for a few more days.

The classroom was full with chatter just like always when I entered. People didn't care if anyone's sleepy and too tired to listen to their bullshit. When I entered I didn't even glance if Jeno and Renjun had arrived, Jaemin hadn't I knew, he was always late. Maybe it was a dumb decision to run away from your problems, but I wasn't in a mood to act like nothing had happened and talk cheerfully, ignoring the fact that they might as well threaten me with something like Jaemin did.

I walked to the other end of the classroom where a group of girls were gathered up. I rarely hanged out with them, but I needed someone else's company and they seemed to be my way out. I neared the ravenette girl which I knew was sitting alone during the classes although at the moment she was surrounded by few more girls.

"Can I sit here, Yeji? I'm kind of not in the mood to hang out with boys today." I asked, but sat down on the chair next to her before I got an answer. The black hood was still on my head I never removed it since I put the hoodie on and I didn't plan to remove it either until the teacher tells me.

"Sure, Soji. I sit alone anyway." Yeji smiled widely and I sighed mouthing a low "Thanks..." immediately joining the girls' conversation, just so I don't think of the fact that I couldn't ignore the boys for long. If not Jeno and Renjun, I knew once Jaemin comes to school I wouldn't be able to run away from him, so I tried to mentally prepare for a talk with him until he came.

• • •

For my surprise once Jaemin came to school he didn't come to talk to me right away. Maybe because I wasn't alone, but why would he care? He knew that I wouldn't let him join the gang, why hadn't he still exposed me to everyone?

I pushed the thoughts aside, walking to my locker after spending the break with girl company for a day instead of Jisung, Chenle, Jaemin, Jeno and Renjun. Taking a break from boys was even more peaceful and enjoyable than I thought it would be. For a while I didn't have Jisung teasing me, Chenle laughing at me, Jaemin flirting with me or either threatening me or trying to rape me, and for Renjun and Jeno I didn't have a reason not to like them around except that they now knew everything Jaemin knew.

I opened my locker to take the books I would need for the next few classes, the maths book, literature and history- nothing I actually loved. But the books weren't important when something else in my locker caught my eye. Two papers folded into cute little letters with pink ribbon tied around them, a single tiny heart sticker in the middle of each which made them look even cuter.