49

° ° °
. . . When the falling rain stops, see you again then. . .

° ° °

CHAPTER 49—————

CHAPTER 49
—————

"Soji?!! Soji stop!! Where are you going?!!" The red haired girl yelled as she opened the main door right after Soji slammed it shut. Right behind her both Jaemin and Mark, then Dayeon, as well as Taeyong. Everyone else who could, peeked to see what's happening outside.

Jaehyun's iron coloured Panamera was harshly driven away from NCT's property. Its wheels screeching on the concrete before it dashed away through the forest and away from everyone's eyes creating a thick cloud of smoke behind it.

Jina choked on it once she stopped running after the car. As if she could stop her from going if she just ran after her. She cursed a loud "Damn it!" when she turned around creating a curtain of her trembling hands on her stressed face. Her teeth digging in her lower lip while her brain was clouded by endless worries.

She hated that Soji wouldn't let her in. She didn't say anything, she even looked mad at her. Just like when they were little she still hated when Soji got mad at her. Now she was even more afraid that she might not be able to make up for it. They caught her once, but could they do it a second time? Because Soji didn't look like she was about to come back.

Jina's head replayed the whole day, she replayed getting her hopes up when she watched Soji actually smile with Jaemin, how everything seemed to be coming back in place and then suddenly it didn't. She replayed the scene when Soji came out of the school, her face the same colour as the clouds above, her eyes completely blank, ignoring everyone on her path. She wasn't even sure how she kept her cool while Soji ignored even Jaemin like that.

Her now redened eyes stopped on Taeyong's on top of the only three stairs connecting the entrance of the house with the cemented ground she stood on. She needed someone to blame besides herself and he seemed like the best and only choice she had. Her hands slowly lowered from her face while her expression darkened while glaring at her brother. She speed-walked up to him, pushing his chest back inside the house like he was her biggest enemy, leaving everyone in even bigger shock than they already were.

"You said that you took care of whoever the fuck was threatening her!!" The girl screamed on top of her shaking voice. The blinding rage mixed with the incredible amount of worry and premonition made her blame everyone including herself. She was too frightened to lose Soji a third time, it was driving her insane.

"Jina calm d—" For some reason instead of her boyfriend, the tall blonde she was hanging out with lately made a step towards her. The second his hands touched her arms to pull her back gently, she pushed him away as well.