5

° ° °
. . . Today I picked a black dress,

I won't be tainted by anything else inside. . .

° ° °

CHAPTER 05 ————

CHAPTER 05
————

The clock ticked nine and by the time I had already finished my last check ups.

I sprayed some of my favourite watermelon perfume and looked at myself in the mirror one more time. I usually wore my hair straight, it was my natural form, but that night I had it curled in huge locks down to my waist. Just like always I wore black, a short tight dress. Though it made my skin appear paler I loved the way dark colours suited me, dark made me comfortable, I felt like myself and I never forced myself to wear something I didn't like to attract too much attention.

A soft knock on the door made me turn around to check who it was, but the moment the door opened I knew before they showed up. "You done Ji?" The red haired girl asked and I nodded in response. I took the black high heels that stood next to my wardrobe and put them on before leaving the room with Jina.

Haechan, Mark and Jungwoo were ready, standing between the black and the white car in the middle of the closed up garage connected to the house. And seconds after Jina and I approached, Jisung and Chenle were already headed our way. Everyone were dressed up nicely for a fun night out, not too appealing, but perfect for clubbing.

For a Saturday night the highway to Seoul was quite empty, even so Mark knew better than to drive the Benz full speed, though Jungwoo was already out of sight which wasn't strange considering the fact that he had Haechan, Jina and Chenle in the car with him. On the other side, although a few days ago I happened to gather the guts to drive a car full speed, today was no exception to my fear of fast driving.

"Where do we meet your friends and your new toy?" The raven haired in the driver seat asked with an obvious eye roll to the word 'toy'.

I smiled proudly, they all already knew I had an eye for Jaemin. They didn't look satisfied at all, especially Mark and Jina, but I was happy they weren't trying to stand in my way. My prediction was they probably knew it wouldn't help. It's been years and them trying to change my lifestyle never helped.

"We should meet at 'Avenue'." I answered, looking ahead of the road. Until I felt eyes on me and I looked to my side.

Mark was looking at me too seriously unlike usual. I could notice that even though it was dark in the car, except for the headlights in front and the dashboard. His face was half in the faint light, enough so I could make out his high cheekbones, one ocean eye, half lips, one side of his nose and an eyebrow furrowed in seriousness. The rest was barely visible on the darker side.

He had his eyes almost narrowed at me, but I couldn't read them at all. He didn't seem angry, but he didn't seem happy and satisfied either. I couldn't explain the look on his face in any way, but I was getting nervous with each second for no reason at all. Maybe because we spent too long staring at each other while the car was still moving with enormous speed for my taste.